LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Six Die in Crash

Six people died and another six were injured when an 18 wheeler failed to stop when he ran into stopped traffic on I-75 in Tennessee. The accident happened near exit 11 outside of Chattanooga. Traffic was stopped for more than 12 hours. The truck was owned by a company based out of Kentucky. According to media reports, the trucking company had a number of out of service violations. No word yet if charges will be filed. The investigation continues. For those traveling through the area, traffic is now clear. Be careful as we begin a holiday week as many will be traveling the roadways.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Board Icon

Yes, be careful, pay attention. Had one just outside of Richmond Thursday where it involved a State Trooper being run over by a semi who came plowing into the scene. He's gonna live, as is the guy in the safety truck who was also hit. They were closing off lanes due to high water in 2 of the Southbound lanes of 95. Pay attention or pull off and take a break for a few minutes or 30!
Old 06-30-2015, 05:31 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The day after that accident there was another one about a mile away that killed one person. The second wreck only involved a single vehicle. They are still investigating the truck accident. My guess is that they will eventually charge the truck driver, but it is still too early to tell.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Board Icon

I've only been thru there a couple of times, is that the area where your coming down that long slow gradual hill? Think the airport was close to there on the north side of 75. If so, think he cooked the brakes? Or had out of adjustment brakes?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I've only been thru there a couple of times, is that the area where your coming down that long slow gradual hill? Think the airport was close to there on the north side of 75. If so, think he cooked the brakes? Or had out of adjustment brakes?

He was northbound. There is a long gradual grade in that area, but not enough that he should have cooked his brakes. It is only about 1 mile long. They still haven't decided on charges, but more information about the driver continues to come out. He was involved in an accident the day before with another truck. He also has an outstanding warrant in Wisconsin for drugs. According to the report I read, he and another guy had been texting about drugs. They had been getting drugs across state lines and he was arrested, but failed to show up for his court date. It must be a bench warrant for failing to appear in court. I gave him the benefit of a doubt in the beginning, but it is starting to look as though he is not a nice guy. The investigation continues. The police still want to see if they can find more camera footage concerning the accident. They want to know if his brakes could have malfunctioned or he simply did not apply his brakes in time. In any case, six people lost their lives. Police can often be found working that area.