User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default GPS Traffic question

I've got a Rand TMD520LM and was considering the traffic subscription. I figure it's worth it for $20/year but it would need to pull from my phones WiFi hotspot to work which i'm a little iffy on. Anybody doing this with a Rand? If so any clue how much data it's chomping through and do you feel it's worth it?

Also, if anybody has a Garmin with the free traffic service it comes with how is it? I like the idea of free, but went with Rand since their Atlas's are pretty much king so I wanted the GPS loaded from a reliable source. But they do seem slower than the Garmin's.

For the people who can't fight back the urge to reply and say "USE AN ATLAS!" I DO have a 2015 Atlas, so your blood pressure can lower now.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Senior Board Member

I have used both brands and the maps seem to be exactly the same, they both even try to put you on the same cow paths sometimes. I have the Garmin Diesel now and the traffic warning is pretty accurate.