LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Severe Weather

With all the storms doing on in many parts of the country, I thought we might want to post something about road conditions.

Roads are really icy on I-40 between Memphis and Nashville. East Tennessee around Chattanooga and south to Atlanta has had a lot of rain and some mixed moisture. Roads are currently clear, but temperatures are supposed to drop tonight and the next couple of days could create some icy road conditions.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

I remember sitting for 3 days a few years ago at a flying J somewhere north of Atlanta because of icing
Old 02-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

That Flying J is about 40 miles from the Tennessee state line. We tend to get a lot more ice than snow in the South. Nashville just got hit with the worst ice storm they have had in 20 years. According to news reports this morning the main roads in east Tennessee and north Georgia are in pretty good shape. Some secondary roads may be icy. Over 300,000 people in Georgia have lost power. Monteagle and I-24 from Chattanooga to Nashville seems to be in pretty good shape.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

well, I hear Boston is getting a lot of snow, Elizabeth Warren is calling herself an Eskimo now.

Even more strange, Obama is calling for a jihad on global warming, as our nations greatest threat. (some one please, get a butter fly net)
Maybe War Hero Blumenthal can organize a special forces team to combat this threat.
Barney Frank could have a Trauma Igloo to give out warm hugs and bong hits. Medicinal, of course.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

east Tennessee, north Alabama and north Georgia are getting hit again this morning. Chattanooga has about 3/4" with hazardous road conditions. A number of accidents and I-75, near Cleveland was closed a little earlier due to several vehicles involved in an accident. Police closed part of I-24 due to road conditions. This is supposed to start to move out around noon today. Temperatures are going to get above freezing this afternoon. Evidently, there is more ice than snow in this mess.