LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Merry Christmas

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. This has been an interesting year for the country and Trucking. Many changes have taken place this past year. With all the hustle and bustle, let us take time to remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas. Jesus Christ's birth is celebrated on December 25th. It was a birth that changed the world. Even though this is the real reason we celebrate Christmas, this seems to have been forgotten by many. The season seems more about buying gifts, Santa Claus and the Snowman than Christ. We are nearing a new year that will likely be full of even more changes than 2014. I wish everyone a safe holiday season. With all the events that continue taking place in this country, it would be a good time to gather and pray for our people and country. Although Thanksgiving has passed, Christmas is a good time to reflect as we end one year and prepare for the new year rapidly approaching us. I am very thankful for what I have and pray that you all are able to get home and spend time with your families and friends. For those who are unable to get home, many truck stops offer free meals to truckers.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Merry Christmas to you, GMAN!!

Unfortunately, the meaning of Christmas has become lost in the minds of many people. I find it rather ironic that so many merchants don't want their employees wishing their customers a "Merry Christmas", but they sure want to rack up the sales for the Christmas season.

Peace!!

Last edited by Useless; 12-24-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Isn't that the truth, Useless?! I don't say "Happy Holidays." I say "Merry Christmas." People have become cowards and so afraid of offending someone or of being called a name, that they are becoming scared of even wishing someone a Merry Christmas. Well, I will continue wishing people Merry Christmas and if they don't like it, then they can just ignore me.