User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default KARMA or what goes around comes around!

I had a few things stolen out of the back of my pick up truck the other day. It seems that someone really needed that gallon of oil and a gal of antifreeze that I had used my reward points on and was going to use on my compact tractor. I gotta admit that pissed me off but then I realized they had also stolen a nice looking steel 5 gal fuel can too! I have to wonder if it ever occurred to them just why such a nice fuel can would just be sitting there. You see I picked it up at a yard sale for a dollar and the seller was honest enough to warn me about the holes worn in the bottom of it. It seems that it was to heavy for him to lift and carry so he just dragged it across to floor. I bought it because I have one just like it and wanted a spare pour spout and cap. Oh well easy come easy go! Hope you enjoy your 'new' fuel can!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 11-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Board Icon

Maybe he will return it! lol.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Rookie

Nice one man...lmfao
Old 11-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Maybe he will return it! lol.
Nah, he can keep it, I learned the hard way about used fuel cans. I had one given to me a few years ago and got about 4 gallons in it before I noticed the cement under it was damp, I stopped pumping and picked the can up it was pissing a couple small streams! What to do? If I had my pick up I would've either dumped it in the tank or just sat it in the bed and drove quickly home, BUT i had the wife's car! I ended up dumping it into a big truck's tank that stopped for coffee with his ok of course.
I like the steel can for fuel over the plastic because when I leave the plastic ones in my storage container they swell up and look like a pregnant football, hate to think of the mess I'd have if one let go in there.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 12-08-2014, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Too bad you didn't have the contents of those two containers backwards... Then the karma would've really been severe.