User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink US Economic More Spent On American Goods Or Higher Taxes...

last nite me and friends were talking and' one person said the tax situation is going to burn into work options'.
For contractors as the people'. We need to demand a overall tax review'. for the many that have five six million in savings..
Mandate that these people spend more on American built goods. Cars Trucks Boats Durable Goods.
This will have an effect on US jobs' Lets let Congress hear . Rebuild America Save Jobs.
Cruzer
Old 01-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Board Icon

You do understand what that would then make this country, right? We demand you spend your hard earned money only here in the US and nowhere else................Venezuela anyone? See how it's working out down there for those wacky's?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

That is our presidents message though right? blame corporations and the top 1%. Income inequality, social justice… all that communist crap.

Individual consumers support foreign economies, as much or more maybe.
More we shop at a big box store, more we put local retailers out of business too.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Board Icon

You also fail to realize that half the cars claimed as made in the US are not. Some are made in Canada or Mexico or Japan or Korea. Even some that are from the US, check all the parts out..........the catch is, it was ASSEMBLED in the US but it's made up from overseas parts. Even mechanic tools are like that, stamped right on them, Made in the USA, flip it over and in very small letters you see a China. Turns out the coating was put on them in the US but they are 100% Chinese made. My company has a curbmachine that says, Built in the USA, Salisbury NC. Look at the parts and you see Italy, Germany, China, etc. Again, assembled here in the US only, doesn't make it American.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Not a lot of people have 5 or 6 million in "saveings" just laying around. I'd be willing to bet that the people that do have 5 million already have it invested. AND THAT means jobs and products made (hopefully USA jobs) and that means paychecks/sale tax in other words good times.
Mandateing that people buy a product( like health care) causes all sorts of problems starting with peoples rights.
Who'd believe it, I'm right there with Ford! HMMMm wonders never cease.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 01-18-2014, 02:20 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You are taking the wrong approach. It is the average American consumer that needs to start looking at labels and buy American. Until about 30 years ago, we manufactured almost everything we purchased in this country. Even the unions had a commercial that asked people to "look for the union label." At one time if you worked at GM, Ford or Chrysler, you drove their cars. That is no longer the case. If you have driven past one of their manufacturing plants you will see a lot of Japanese, German and Korean cars on the lot. Consumers demanded cheaper products and the best way to lower prices at that time was to send manufacturing off shore. There are still a lot of companies who make quality products in the U.S. Cars are made all over the world. If cars are assembled in the U.S. they have components manufactured all over the world, but mostly in China, Mexico and Canada. Furniture, clothing and many other products are made abroad, but there are still those who make products in America. Few people who have $5 million in equity will have it sitting around gathering dust. People who have money keep it working for them. It is usually invested.

I still look for quality when I purchase products. I think the best quality products are still made in the U.S. Worker pay and high taxes drove many companies abroad. The United States used to be much more friendly when it came to taxes and worker pay. The middle class pays most of the taxes and consumes most of the products. Only hitting the very wealthy will not do it. You will need to convince the average American that it will be in their best interests to look for products that are made in the U.S.A. We currently have a very hostile environment when it comes to taxes. Over 50 taxes on individuals and businesses have been reinstated as of January 1. Higher taxes mean less money to purchase goods and services. The push toward a higher minimum wage will also hurt job creation.

Another reason we started to purchase products made elsewhere is that the quality of American made products began to decline as did worker productivity. It is in everyone's best interest to find and purchase products made here. Talk to your fellow Americans and get them to start buying quality products made in the U.S.A. With time things will begin to turn around. One thing you never want to do is try to force people to spend their money a certain way. We see how well that has worked with obamacare. People resent it and the effect will be opposite of what you expect.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:46 AM
Senior Board Member

we buy parts in New Zealand for our logging and trucking and lots other gear and it comes from china ,including addias and other sporting gear,i think you should blame your companies first for getting it made in these foreign countries
Old 01-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Board Icon

In my opinion, the root cause of industry decline in this country was and still is, the communist unions, in bed with the communist DNC.
Now these bastards have control of our children.

We have a lawless government, who will not listen to the will of the people, and we the people have allowed them to get away with this.
Now our country is run by out of control self-serving mafia. The theft upon America is mind boggling, with deliberate attempt to bankrupt us.

America's decline began years ago with unions and the communist political agenda.
We have all your generic communist crap of social justice and class warfare, and Nanny/Police state, anti-business agenda, and control of the media.
State run media, union and community organized communist control.

America is about to give the commies in this country epic push back.
We are going to first take over both Houses of Congress, and then we are going to impeach that fraud liar Obama, and send Eric Holder to prison.
Of course when that happens all hell will break loose, as the democrat slaves fight back, and burn our cities.

I personally believe America is going to have to thin the herd of the anti-American filth. I don't think a political shift is going to come soon enough, considering the infestation, and the ongoing damage to this nation. I personally believe a civil war is going to be necessary to make the drastic measures necessary to save this nation.

Either way, it's going to get ugly. If the commies continue to fundamentally change this country, they are going to have to get rid of a sheit load of Patriots first.
It's not simply going to end without blood, in my opinion. We have a criminal organization running this country right now. Innocent people are being hurt by the millions. We will see life and death consequences to this political assault on America, and that is why Obama has been militarizing ALL the agencies, and filling the agencies with loyal followers. They know civil unrest is about to explode, and the kicker is THEY WANT that to happen.

Look around, we are in a police state now. You all should know how the commies work by now. Nudge-shove-shoot. We are in the shove stage and you all know it.

They are shoving everything down our throat now. There is full out assault on everything to deliberately overwhelm our society and all it's norms.
The police are exerting control, IRS, EPA, FBI, DHS, NSA, etc. etc, are all exerting control and taking away liberties, and deliberately destroying our economy, by regulation and intimidation.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Board Icon

ahhaahaaouch!!

I hope this thread gets moved to the political forum, so I don't have to keep biting my tongue.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Board Icon

Everything that used to be made in the US that has gone abroad, has gone abroad for a reason. Companies that are publicly traded have a board to answer to. If the board says they want to send jobs overseas, they go overseas. The reason is, the company is supposed to make money, the best and quickest way is to go overseas where labor is MUCH cheaper. These boards know that, watch Shark Tank and you will see what I mean. These companies can also sell the products at a lower price since labor was so much less and still make some nice money off it. Here's the deal, if we had to buy products made 100% in the US, we would be paying $5K for a toilet seat. The consumer wouldn't stand for that. On a personal level, I build bookcases from scratch on demand. If I had to put a true figure on labor and such, that book case would not be as cheap as the one's made overseas in stores. Smaller one's in a store would go for about $100 but mine would end up selling for more like $300-500 depending on if I stain it or leave it unfinished and the buyer stains it. Your not going to pay "a little bit more for American made," your going to pay a lot more.