User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy RIP adopted combat son...

Sad news.. one of the combat sons I never knew has taken his own life.. such a tragedy that this is happening with such frequency. I can understand to a point and it makes me so sad and frustrated and tired.. Rest in Peace... Hope you find something you seek on the other side.. the loss of such fine people in such an evil world fills me with dread as with their loss, who will be left to fight the evil?

The Bulldog Nation mourns for you, your family, your brothers and I hope we can all be together on the other side someday.. Peace
Old 10-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Those returning soldiers should be given counseling to help them to move back to civilian life. These people witness the worst of human nature. It takes a toll on them and their families. It is such a shame that we don't give these returning heroes the support that they need. They risk their lives to come back to this country only to take their own lives. We give all these freeloaders anything that they want and turn our backs on those who protect this country.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Those returning soldiers should be given counseling to help them to move back to civilian life. These people witness the worst of human nature. It takes a toll on them and their families. It is such a shame that we don't give these returning heroes the support that they need. They risk their lives to come back to this country only to take their own lives. We give all these freeloaders anything that they want and turn our backs on those who protect this country.
He was in therapy.. and he was getting help and talking to us and his brothers as well.. sometimes, there is only one way to find the peace that they seek. I wish him well in his journey. His kind will be missed from this world, there are far too few of them left and we never deserved them to begin with. Look around.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
He was in therapy.. and he was getting help and talking to us and his brothers as well.. sometimes, there is only one way to find the peace that they seek. I wish him well in his journey. His kind will be missed from this world, there are far too few of them left and we never deserved them to begin with. Look around.
Several months ago, there was a soldier who committed suicide at a shooting range in Texas. I don't think that he was in therapy. The guy that he was with was trying to talk with him and help him work through his demons. He had been in the Middle East fighting for this country. It seems to me that we have mostly abandoned our service personnel. Many of them need help transitioning back into society after being "in country" for several years. Some of these people have had several tours, back to back. It has to have an effect on them.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Horrible loss and I mourn in my heart. This is the kind of thing that makes your soul ache.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

This tragedy becomes more commonplace everyday... and I don't quite understand it. I wish I did. I wish I knew how I could help.

Feel kinda the same way about youngsters killing themselves over internet bullying.

I don't think I believe in "a better place" or a "place without suffering." Their only "peace" is a lack of torment.

We HAVE to do better for our troops and our kids. We cannot stand this level of attrition of good people.... souls.

But first.... we must bring them all HOME. We have no "military" interest in these foreign lands!