User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tornado's ripping through Oklahoma ...

The day that should change tornado actions and storm chasing forever

Besides Moore being hit BAD last weekend, Ok City and Shawnee were slammed last night .. be careful on the road people. Don't want to end up on your side like this driver.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Board Icon

4roses, hope you and yours were spared any trouble last night.

I said it in the other thread Hobo started in concern of Robertt and I will say it again, it's time people start paying more attention to these warnings that are going up a day or more in advance of severe weather. Companies need to tell people to simply stay home, sounds like a lot of the people stuck on I-35 were trying to get home from work, don't even go to work. It sounds like more residents are going to be putting in storm shelters but it is of no use if your trying to get home to it.

As for the foolish storm chasers, idiots, plain and simple. They claim to be doing it for science and are supposed to be professionals yet a number of them have been getting caught. That is not professional at all. I'm not talking of Timmer and Casey going in on purpose with their specially built vehicles here either. They know where their limits are and when to run, well, Timmer doesn't always know when to run. The guys trying to place "pods" in the path of the tornadoes are out of their minds. Drop it and get out, don't hang around waiting to see if you need to move it. The TWC crew made a huge mistake or two, they got caught up in trying to get close and left themselves without a good escape plan. By the time they realized they were in trouble it was too late. All 3 of their vehicles got torn up.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I can't believe that Oklahoma has been hit with so many tornado's lately. I hope you and your loved ones are safe 4roses.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Yes Sir ... we're fine. One dropped down in a couple of places a Mile from my home in Broken Arrow, but I made it through. We seemed to be getting hit more this year than normal. We'll get through it, I just hate it for the people who can't get out of the way when the tornado is 'rain wrapped' and you can't see it anywhere until it's setting on top of you. All you know is your driving in heavy rain - then - Bam it slams you. Just stay safe out there truckers.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 06-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Board Icon

Yes those rain wrapped one's are a nightmare. Every time we get a warning here in Central VA for a potential tornado, the warning always seems to specifically state that it is rain wrapped. I believe the weather people do it on purpose in an attempt to keep the lookie-loo's from around here that have never seen a tornado from standing out in the open looking for it.

A year or two ago a tornado that was not rain wrapped tore across I-95 South of DC during afternoon rush hour when it's always gridlocked. Luckily the tornado was only a zero to low end one. Some vehicles had damage from debris flying into them but that was it. Could you imagine the terror those people had, they could easily see it coming right at them and had nowhere to go for cover.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Senior Board Member

gee 4roses if i lived there like you id get roadhog down there to dig u a underground bunker,just joking but it must be scarey for you people knowing they coming every year,do you have a bunker ,it be a minds rest if you had kids aye