User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default question about a companys practice of taking out fuel money

I have recently moved positions in a company I have been with for 4 years...this new position is percentage based instead of mileage...my issue is the company is taking out fuel costs before I get my percentage...this is not my truck it's there's and I am not responsible for it's fuel, upkeep, or maintenance...is this even legal...every other company I have worked for paid me off of the loads gross before fuel unless I was driving my own truck or leasing theirs...it does not seem right to me...anyone have answers or input please answer
Old 05-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Harrold View Post
I have recently moved positions in a company I have been with for 4 years...this new position is percentage based instead of mileage...my issue is the company is taking out fuel costs before I get my percentage...this is not my truck it's there's and I am not responsible for it's fuel, upkeep, or maintenance...is this even legal...every other company I have worked for paid me off of the loads gross before fuel unless I was driving my own truck or leasing theirs...it does not seem right to me...anyone have answers or input please answer
I guess it's up to however they put the program together, did you read the agreement? Better question, is there an agreement? There game, there rules sorry!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

When you say they take out the fuel costs, do you mean the fuel surcharge for the load or the actual fuel purchase cost?
Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
When you say they take out the fuel costs, do you mean the fuel surcharge for the load or the actual fuel purchase cost?
good question, if they are taking out fuel surcharge, that's fair because you arent paying for any of the fuel, so you dont get any of the surcharge, if they are taking out the actual fuel cost, you need to find another job..
Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It just depends on your agreement with the company. I have always paid percentage of the line haul, but not on the fsc. I know a woman who owns several trucks and she pays a higher percentage than me, but on the net after fuel and expenses. You need to look at your agreement and see if the company is doing what they agreed. My guess is that your agreement is similar to hers.