User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What a great morning

This morning I had to get fuel at a Pilot. Of course, the fuel islands were all full and there was a line of trucks waiting. Why wouldn't there be? It was 5am, after all. Anyway, everyone is waiting patiently to get their chance to fuel. That was until an idiot decided he was too important to wait because he drives a daycab for a large trucking company. They have preferred fueler status, right?

What this fool does is come across the side of the island and start to pull into a pump that he thinks is empty. Trouble is that there's a bobtail there. That started everyone (myself included) into the normal berating of the jerk. Of course, he probably has zero clue as how to operate a CB. So, now he's blocking 4 islands (all the pumps on the right). About a minute after his stunt, the island immediately to his left opened up and I was next in line. The island to the left of that one was out of service. It gave me JUST enough room to snake past him and into the island. When I say barely, we're talking my trailer missing his by maybe an inch.

So, I grab the fuel card and such and climb out of the truck. Here comes Mr ToughGuy now. He said I cut him off and that he was going to kick the crap out of me. I just looked at him and said "Really? Right here in plain public view at a location with cameras everywhere? Will it be worth it to you when you A) go to jail for assault, B) get fired from your job when I sue your company plus having to have your truck towed from the fuel island, and C) sue you for anything you might have left?" He looked at me for a few seconds and turned around and walked away.

Great way to start a day... Especially with a stomach virus.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

There are some parking lots/garages here in Los Angeles that are like that. Let people drive vehicles, and they think all that metal around them entitles them to be territorial.

Great response, by the way.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Don't ya just love it when a snappy comeback just flows so smooooth??!!??
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

LOL - and to think that it all just popped into my head at the perfect moment.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Heh heh. Stanley and Malaki homeboy. Y'all need to have some respect for us despicable daycab drivers! LOL Hell, just last week I had to tug around a rental Peterbilt with a sleeper on it while delivering gas around Indianapolis. My god.......did you fellas know that some trucks have fuel tanks on BOTH sides that need to be topped off? I guess that I'd forgotten! Of course, I didn't forget to charge for an extra stop when I had to circle around the Pilot on exit 4 (465) to fill that extra tank up.

Malaki did I read correctly sometime in a past post that you are driving for Celadon?

OTX still O/O?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Senior Board Member

LOL - I definitely have respect for daycab drivers - just as long as they have respect for the OTR guys.

And, yes, I drove for Celadon for 3 years. I quit there last March.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Board Icon

You should have asked him if he even KNEW where reverse was... cuz he needed to back his AZZ out of there and get in line! Offer to do it FOR him! What a jerk! Tip o' the hat to you Mal! Besides, I've seen your pic. I don't know that you wouldn't have WON that fight!

Dry roads and clear skies to you Mal! Just keep on keeping on. Remember.... the Navy is an adventure. Trucking is just a job.