User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Dunno if your still in the Raleigh area Sharlie but there is a nice mall area to the West of Raleigh. Streets at Southpoint, it's off of I-40 in Durham. If your in a car you could always go tour the campus of Duke University, they have some gnarly looking buildings. Cameron Indoor is definitely not like I pictured it from the outside. You could also swing down to Chapel Hill and hit up the UNC basketball Museum, it's free but parking is non-existent for it.

Hobo is spot on with Raleigh being in a boring part of the state. The times I've been down for UNC sporting events, go eat dinner then go to the hotel and watch some TV mainly. Not a whole lot to do as a tourist there. It does have it's bad areas, the North side looks a little rough. This time of year, the beaches are empty so visiting is easy but not much is open.

Hobo, Rowan is considered one of the earlier European settlement areas from the 1560's by the Spaniards but definitely not even close to the oldest county in the US or NC. The Jamestown settlement brought out some of the oldest counties in the US in 1634. Rowan was formed a few after after Anson County was formed in NC, in fact it was originally part of Anson County before splitting and forming it's own seat.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Board Regular

I just had a great massage, I'm realizing that activities that aren't typically done solo are uncomfortable. Went to some nice dining places alone, I feel like a leper/freak. I get my food to go. I was told by the MT that there is a Museum with a nice exhibit on the Titanic I think I will check out.