User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default VuQube Issue.. could use some help

Looking for someone who might have experience, possibly in the inner workings of these things, that could help me troubleshoot. Dieselboss perhaps?

I have a VuQube 3000 and, recently have run into some problems with it switching transponders, thus leaving me a 771 error on my receiver. I get channels on the odd transponders but any channels on the even transponders are what give me the 771 error (which means there isn't enough power to get it to switch... which I found through research). I found during my research that it comes down to either a defective LNB, bad cable, or a bad multiswitch within the receiver.

However, today I had an epiphany that could be the problem too. A number of weeks ago the copper end on the coax broke off in the main coax jack so I stripped the coax, re-terminated the end, and just hooked it into the aux coax jack... but I don't remember if thats when I started having the transponder switching issues. Anyways, now I wonder if its the main coax port that the unit receives the signal from the receiver multiswitch, making the LNB change transponders. I did get a new coax cable and hooked it into the aux and receiver just to eliminate the cable and still have 771 issues. I haven't gone through home to get another working receiver to see if thats the problem (the internal multiswitch) so that could still be the issue.

Anyone have any suggestions short of getting a new one? That main plug is out of commission since I can't get that copper piece out... and it appears after pulling the top off to inspect that plug they use some type of proprietary connecter inside... so i'm not sure if I can even swap that out and make it the main again.. unless someone has suggestions. TIA.

Last edited by Mystikal; 12-16-2012 at 01:23 PM.