User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 57 yr old prospective new otr driver

I'm about to commit to the CR England Salt Lake City training school to become an OTR driver. I'd be encouraged by some positive feedback from those my age, either pros already or relatively new in it. I'll take reality of the day-to-day, the dangers, and net pay also. I have got to get something steady and consistent to climb out of our financial hole. I have sisters and a feeble mother in the Salt Lake area, so it seems like a convenient hub to see them and maybe help out some. I live on the Oregon coast, 2 hrs sw of Portland. I used to enjoy the "road trips" between Utah and southern Cal and northern Cal. My wife and I have one 21 yr old son who's with us striving to get his life going, so it may be that there would be less family strain than with a young family with multiple children.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Board Regular

ANYONE but CRE>

You truly are @ the bottom of the heap!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Jon

Sorry but I agree with mgfg on this one. CR England has a very bad reputation in treating drivers like dogs! There pay is very low for what you are going to be doing, that being said if its the only game in town where you live, at least you can get your cdl from them, just read all the fine print so you know what you are getting yourself in to. If you can research other companies out there before making this move. There are many many companies that offer training to new drivers that have much better reputations then CrE. Good luck out there!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~