User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sucks to turn down a job

I got home today to find a job offer from the West Virginia Department of Highways for a truck driver position. What really sucks is that I can't afford to take that job. The pay is $10.80-11.88 per hour. There's no way I can take that kind of pay cut. On top of that, the garage I'd be based out of is about 30 miles from the house. That means I'd have to pay for the gas to drive it. Right now, in my S-10 Blazer, that would mean about $10 per day. On top of that, that Blazer is needing some work done to it before I would rely on it for a daily commute.

Sucks... Would love to be home every day and have fantastic benefits...
Old 10-27-2012, 01:05 AM

0k 10.80-11.88 dont sound to sweet but.... West Virginia Department of Highways.... thats med.pention, vac.ect. those are jobs you dont leave you retier from, wages go up fast. you wont get a 2nd chace for a job like that and most only go to faimly members/frinds to get in so i would realy sit and talk go over befor you kick that can down the road.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Rookie

LogBook put forth a good point to think. Anyway, if you want to get paid more with trucking, why don't you opt courier service jobs in corresponding area. Citizen shipper looks for efficient drivers who can do well in this delivery services. Don't bother about the wages, it will be negotiable, almost in your favour.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Senior Board Member

A friend of mine took a job with the town about 10 years ago, he gave up a pretty big check to become a laborer. He now works in the town garage as a mechanic and is highly paid with bennies out the wazoo! Now he worries he'll be the next cut back.