User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Researching Ideas

Hi folks...new here. I've been medically retired(cancer) for about 3 yrs and I'm a young Man of 51. My Main career has been as a pharmacist. None the less, before I went to professional school, I went to Truck driving school(in the early 80's....I wanted like a lot of guys, to be like my Dad. Put in my hours on the road and raise my family. I ran a small business as anO/O out of my stepside pick up for a few years...there was just no work in my area with the steel crisis' of the time, so, instead of building my dream career as a trucker, I, complete with CDL A from truck driving school, drove my Pickup truck up and down the Jersey Turnpike. as a courier. Employment and oportunities just werent there and I payed my way through Pharmacy school with that little truck and eventually, I got a solid career in the pharmacy business. Well, like I said, the cancer has got me down right now. And I really don't want to go back to pharmacy. I can afford to live on less than my high pressure career afforded me (not to say that driving is not a pressure thing, Its just that I'm looking for the "No Boss" freedom again.) There ya got my history in a hundred words.....sorry to make it that long! What I'm looking to ask here is there a living to be made (even part-time) with a Dodge 3500 longbed that I can have fitted with a gooseneck hitch? I thought about pulling/relocating recreational trailors. Anyone here tried that? I'm trying to work out what it would cost but need some advise on that too.....guess it needs to be worked out to CPM and go from there. Just need some Ideas.
My CDL A lapsed years ago and I guess At least a CDL B Would be required for that and the easiest for me to get again. I know, if it were easy everybody would do it. I'm not looking for easy, just feasable.Thinking about a business in this economy.....yep I'm Nuts!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Rookie

Hmmm, No thoughts? Just looking for opinions. Thanks anyway
Be Safe, Alan
Old 09-15-2012, 04:38 PM

hi alan, give it a day or two and your start getting some feedback, im for one werried about your heath, being on the road is hard on most heath,poor eating, lack of exsesize and getting to doc,regerly. if i was to surgest something i say look into pilot car work. just google your hometown or near by city and pilot car esxort as well rv transport and see what you find and call some of them see what they have to say, keep the helth issuse to your self in you reserch with companys as your just looking for info to star your new path. good luck