User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I Need "Your" Advice "Supper Trucker Advice"

while being a student Driver I was supposed to be learning how to tarp, chain ,and sucure loads. I caught the trainer smoking weed. The following day I had reported him to my Recruiter and they didn't get me off that truck untile 2 1/2 weeks at time he broke the Qualcomm and getting me 30 plus violations by safty. I kept reporting him.( I didn't have money). nnnn

After getting to to the terminal and being out for a week with another trainer that lost his tarp and making it back to the terminal.

While working for said bottom Feeder Company. on approximately April 27, 2012. I was instructed by my company to retrieve an abandoned Flatbed truck from a lot drug invested neighborhood in Connecticut. I informed my company on numerous occasions leading up to the incident that the truck was in desperate need of servicing and needed to be seen by a mechanic. I also took the proper channels by going through my district manager to let him know of the trucks condition, he my dispatcher stated that the load had to be delivered. In addition to the trucks “check battery light” continuously were flashing and the “check engine light” staying on. Experience

On May 9, 2012 at approximately 11am, I was carrying 45 thousand pounds of steel coils driving in the right lane going in-between 45 to 50 MPH in a 60 MPH zone on a "rainy" day heading East on Interstate I-40 in North Carolina when a "black pickup truck" swooped directly in front of the truck from the left lane. I immediately pressed my brakes which caused my truck tires to skid from the rain and caused the truck to fish tail (go from side to side) during a turn which I believed caused the old beat up 2007 international truck to turn over, no injuries or deaths. The ticket for exceeding safe speed was a "voluntary dismissal do to investigation". The company put nothing on my dac, no points on my license and I can't get a job. I was with CR England for 3 months thats all on my dac and I quit them for good reasons, however, The bottom Feeder company didn't put nothing on my DAC. "Could you give me advise on getting a Trucking job?"
Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Board Icon

If your putting down that you just had a recent crash, rollover at that which is not even 6 months old, that right there is your problem. Your doing the right thing if your putting it on your application, insurance companies simply won't allow anyone to hire you right now as far as big names go, your considered a very high risk. Right out of school, out of training and you rolled over on your own. If your not putting it on the application and they are finding out on their own then of course they won't hire you, you would then be lying to them. You'd be surprised at how many people "forget" when it comes to filling out applications then when the company finds out on their own and calls the applicant, the applicant suddenly "remembers it vividly." It's too late by then, they aren't going to hire you.

The truck may have had check engine lights on but by your own statements that looks to me to be non-essential to the crash happening. Simply put, forget that, it wasn't fixed and you no longer work for them so let it go instead of dwelling on it. Your going to have to find something like a mom and pop company to drive for and/or wait the rollover deal out. Some companies say you need to be clean, no incidents, over the next 3 years before they will touch you. You may even have to go local and drive a dump truck or such.