User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Glade springs petro i-81 exit 29 --- truckstop reviews, pt.1:

Petro Glade Spring, va. I-81 exit 29:

Ok service and cleanliness. The food was ok, not outstanding; i had the breakfast buffet. i think it's $7.95

Bathrooms ok, but too crowded and musky feeling----need better ventilation. In general a poorly designed bathroom.

Parking----was able to get a space at 11:45 pm on a tuesday night---many more were still available. There are 270 total.

i could not get a wi-fi signal (hence i am reporting from notes, not live), but i think i was too far away and not pointed to or in sight of the building; i need further education on this; Furthermore i think you have to pay for wifi at petros and T/A's? Forget that.

Due to the large parking and fairly easy access, i am going to give it a 4 stars out of 5.

Another good point was no solicitation from anybody!

(***NOTE: that i think the grading system may be changed soon for greater accuracy)

Last edited by legalized torture; 08-12-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:40 AM

Updated grading system

84 B-

NOTE: This grading system is similar to a scholastic/academic type grading scale; i think it is more accurate.

i would like to reiterate in this case that i found it rather easy to get in an out of the place and easy to park---the rows are wide enough apart to make it easy to pull in to a spot.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Senior Board Member

You're giving that place a B-? Can't wait until you stop at a real rat-hole of a truckstop, such as the K & T, I-79, x139, in Fairmont, WV. Or the Pilot in Roanoke, VA that you can't even get off of the road for fuel and parking? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Well, a B- is not bad; i feel this grade fits the truckstop. i also like to leave a little room for improvement because everybody can improve a little.

i feel that the scholastic/academic type grading is more accurate than the 5 star ratings.

The criterion, from my point of view, that goes into the grading is as follows and in order of importance(weighting):

1) Amount of parking and ease of parking. Also, accessability from the highway. Is the truckstop easy to get in and out of?

2) Quality of food and how late is the restaurant open?

3) Cleanliness of facilities. This includes the restrooms, showers, lounge, restaurant even the parking lot---the whole place.

4) Service. Are the employees giving a damn or are they more interested in nails, texting, poontang, or what they are going to do friday night?

5) "Sleezy" business going on in the parking lot; Does this exist or not at the particular location?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Senior Board Member

While I still say that the service at Glade Spring has gone a bit downhill in the past few years, it's still decent. It *appears* to have fully recovered from the tornado damage done last year. As for parking, I never park there these days. I always park at the Dollar General behind it... because that's usually where I'm delivering when I go there.