User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Local PO driving me Postal

Anyone else have this issue?

The Post Office has started returning my mail as "Unclaimed". I live alone and am not home to get my mail daily or even weekly so after 10 days they empty my malbox and return it. Got home Friday and my gas is shut off...per the gas company if the bill is returned they assume you moved and turn it off. I talked to the Post Mistress aka Beeyatch who told me they cant/wont restart delivery unless I come in person with ID. I have a PO box cuz I'm not home when they're open which I made clear when I rented it. Her reply...We aren't a storage facility. When I told her I don't have anyone to pick up mail when I'm on the road she asked me why I live here. Should getting my mail really be this hard? They wonder why they're losing business.

I have now signed up for e-bills but still can't get personal mail.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

HOWDY Darlin' (teary-eyed cheesy-grin) missed you around here!
I heard you're back driving a route that brings you up my way.

I had similar hassles, because I rented a small box, and I had to go to war with spam mail to reduce that volume, as well as get my bills on automatic electronic payments.
My box would be stuffed, but my PO was always willing to set my mail aside if need be. (small town)
I rented a bigger box, and that helped me most in the end, and requested only online bills, cut my volume down a lot.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Board Icon

Sure is good to see you here again, Reb. I had a PO box when I was driving out of Wi, but when I went to the post office to get the mail after being out, they had it tied in a bundle and just handed it over the counter to me. They were actually very nice about it. Of course, the lady in the post office was married to a truck driver as well, so she did understand my situation. And, like Roadhog said, it was another small town. Daily mail was picked up and delivered in a single, 16 foot box truck.

You might try telling the "Beeyatch" that her actions means that you will have to do everything through the internet, and it means more money lost by the post office, which is already in financial trouble. It might be possible that, if you had a visible "six-pack" through an unbuttoned shirt, instead of a chest ornamented with..... But, then I have never been to the post office in your city and I can not say that with any certainty at all. I know there are things people like to order that are sent via "snail-mail", and the internet can't deliver physical items, so I'm not sure what you can do.

Is there a time when there might be a "maie" mailperson on duty? From what I remember of your charms, that might be effective... Then again..... I do wish you the best of luck.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

hi guys and thanks. Missed you too. I do get to MI a lot but today I'm in Shreveport wating on a load to TN. finally got a new phone so I can do more than just read the forum. Still wont let me PM though.

As to the PO it is a small town and Im single so the women there dont like me much. I may have to rent box in another town closer to my terminal. I was just curious since no other driver I ask has ever had this happen. I might try to find out who her boss is...l

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Senior Board Member

I may have found a solution... Equinox Has anyone used this service or heard anything about it?

Abraham Lincoln

Old 09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post
I may have found a solution... Equinox Has anyone used this service or heard anything about it?
I've never heard of them so I can't help ya there. That seems like an awesome service. What about junk mail? If they include that in the total number of pieces of mail it might get pricey. I can't imagine them doing that though.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm trying to find out if they can sort out the junk and just send my bills and personal mail. That wouldn't even come close to 20 pieces a month.

Abraham Lincoln

Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Senior Board Member

I went thru the same thing when my Dad passed away. I went to the PO and got the same response about storage . Can you check out places like Mailboxes Ect.? They could hold the "good" stuff for you and toss the junk, the PO will not toss junk mail! They will fill the box with junk mail and send back !st class stuff.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Board Icon

If it's address "box holder" or "occupant" I think they would be required to deliver it.

Any spam stuff that has your name on it, usually has an opt out, but you have to look for their phone number and call them, and ask to be removed from their mailing list.

Some will say it might take a couple months, because the labels are preprinted. (#@!' spammers)

Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Board Icon

OR.... you could just not be so cheap, and rent a P.O Drawer instead of a box. Or.... get a job that gets you home more often. OR... (as you did) go to online bill payments, and let them return the junk mail. (Of course, there's all that personal fan mail.)

I'm really glad you started this thread tho... cuz... Millions of drivers must have the same problem. Funny tho... I've never heard ANY of them say so.