Old 07-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I hope they win but.... their lawyers sound like incompetents.

I hope the laws prevail, but I keep thinking.... "caveat emptor" ... buyer beware.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 AM
Board Regular

I'm looking forward to hearing about the outcome to. If england looses how much you wanna bet they come back under a different name??
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Board Icon

Got a buddy who decided to go OTR and went with them before I could warn him. He is currently on a Greyhound from Chi-Town to a terminal in Indiana as I post this. After passing thru the classroom portion and testing out in a week he had to wait 2 weeks to get a trainer. He's been with the trainer for about 3 weeks doing coast to coast runs. This morning he was told to get off the truck in Chi-Town where they had a bus ticket waiting for him. He is being sent back to the same terminal he tested at not to test completely out and get his own truck, he's being sent out with another trainer who runs a leased truck and it's up to the lease driver to pay him.........12 cpm. Needless to say he was going to give them a piece of his mind when he got there about this BS. I simply told him to be careful how hard he pushes back if he plans on doing OTR in the future.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Rookie

yes there scam is you go out with the first seat then come back and a lease op takes you out as the second seat and trys to sell you on the wo ders of lease op
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Board Regular

i agree with you driver 65. first you go out with a phase one trainer for 3 weeks i belive it is and train and then you go out with a phase 2 trainer who is a lease op and you get to sit there and listen to how much more money you'll be making and how glamourous trucking is and how wonderfull it is to own your own truck blah blah blah. they tried selling me the lease deal over the phone even before i applied to them. as i thank god i didn't apply to em. so anyways i asked em to mail me a copy of there lease contract so i could take it to my lawyer and accountant to see who it beifeits them or me. will the recruiter got all huffy and refused to mail me a copy and told me i could goto burns harbor and lease a truck. i'm sitting there laughing to myself thinking how stupid does the bitch think i am. and then she's goes on and on about qoute on qoute how they like you to get to know your dispatcher on a one on one level and how your like family. i'm really laughing hard to myself at that time. as recruiters are nothing more than used car sales men they don't get you to sighn up for there school they don't make no commission off you and they get fired. a L/O is basicly nothing more than a company slave paying there bills thats just the way i see it after all the horror stories i heard with lease purchase deals.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Board Regular

i hope he don't fall for the lease deal as england does not do any maintance what so ever on the trucks i had a bud that drove one right off the lot and it broke down. i'm sure they will charge him for the repairs that need to be made once he's done with the truck and not do and bill the next sucker for the repairs and not do em as well. and then they call him when he was asleep saying that he was fatauiged and wasnt safe to continue the load or something to that effect. just sounds like they will do anything to get there trucks back in there hands and screw up someones credit and lively hood. there evil.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Board Icon

He is dead set against the Fleece deal, his words not mine on that! He told me that 3 weeks ago when I asked who he went with. Unfortunately they didn't accept his local work as experience so he had to go in as a completely new driver. The first trainer had made a couple of calls to try to keep him on the truck for at least another week then bring him in to test out into his own truck. He realized the first week that my buddy wasn't some brand new inexperienced driver.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Board Regular

thats good he's dread set against the fleese deal. i allso hear that company trucks all of a sudden become unavailable as well if you don't lease. or they starve you out in a company truck so they get you to lease and then they still starve you out in a leased truck. iv'e heard nothing good about em. i went to ripoffreport.com and pissedconsumer.com boy did i get and eyefull. did he try other companies as well to apply for? ofcourse gthe trainer wanted to keep him on the truck i'm guessing he wanted more money. i hope your buddy does good with england.