User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Another old great fades into memories.

Ernest Borgnine, dead at age 95. My first memory of him was staring in McHale's Navy, some 45 years ago. Hawaiian hat and shirt, water-skiing behind a PT boat, with a beer in hand. That did have just a little influence on me joining the Navy. Well, that and the fact that I did like the Navy uniform.... Then they gave me one.

A very highly talented ICON from years gone by. He left his mark on the motion picture industry, and on those of us that remember seeing him. There were times when I went to see a movie. Didn't know a lot about the movie itself, but with Earnest Borgnine in it, it had to be a good one.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Ernest Borgnine, dead at age 95. My first memory of him was staring in McHale's Navy, some 45 years ago. Hawaiian hat and shirt, water-skiing behind a PT boat, with a beer in hand. That did have just a little influence on me joining the Navy. Well, that and the fact that I did like the Navy uniform.... Then they gave me one.

A very highly talented ICON from years gone by. He left his mark on the motion picture industry, and on those of us that remember seeing him. There were times when I went to see a movie. Didn't know a lot about the movie itself, but with Earnest Borgnine in it, it had to be a good one.
I still watch McHale's Navy every day DVR from "Me TV".. He was truly a legend I know why he lived so long,

"In is own words"

Ernest Borgnine Talks About Masturbation - YouTube

Timberwolf
Old 07-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
I still watch McHale's Navy every day DVR from "Me TV".. He was truly a legend I know why he lived so long,

"In is own words"

Ernest Borgnine Talks About Masturbation - YouTube

Timberwolf
Hilarious

Yeah I was a big fan of McHale's Navy too. Great show.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Board Icon

The oldest actor, ever, to receive an award for acting at the age of 92. I just hope I live that long. Somewhere, he sure came up with energy to remain active into that late an age. But then... He always did seem to have more energy than most. And, if that's what kept him going, I'll start working on my own "tennis elbow".