User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default As hot as it's been

My a/c at my house is haveing a hard time keeping up. Last year I had a couple of trees removed and now the sun shines in thru the windows. I stopped at Home Depot and in the insulation isle I found rolls of silver insulation like silver bubble wrap. $40 for a 4'x75' roll I did my deck door and a couple other widows and what a differance!
I got to thinking ( don't do that much) if I was trying to keep cool in truck I could put this stuff to good use.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I noticed a difference in the truck just by putting curtains up around the windows. Bought them at a truck stop. Then, later models had the curtains built in, and I did use them. Also saw other guys that put up styrofoam, about an inch thick. But, I also found that it would be a big help to line the whole inside of the cab and sleeper. For all the insulation they have between the inside and out, it's really not all that effective.