User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default T2000

The boss just bought a used T 2000 and i may be putting my stuff in it next week. Questions, #1: there is a rocker switch that looks like a snow flake inside of a square ( it is the 5th one over from the left ). I would asume that it has something to do with the A/C, but i don't notice any change when i turn it on. I've looked on KW websights for an answer but i can't find one. #2: For some reason the bunk A/C only works when the A.P.U. is on. #3: When the cab blower is on high it blows like it is on low. Is there a filter that may be clogged somewhere? #4: What is the difference between yellow, red, and green anti-freeze? #5: Why shouldn't they be mixed?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

#1 fridge #2 what APU? may be a split system #3 2 filters,recirculate and fresh #4 mostly color,unless one is long life and one isn't
Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Rookie

When I had my Dynasys APU installed I had them disconnect the factory blower from the bunk ducting and hook up the APU in it's place.
I don't need the bunk a/c when I'm driving and the APU blows at 400 cfm out of all 4 vents in the back wall as well as one the installed down low under the bunk.
It works great and I've been comfortable sleeping in 102 degree temperatures so far in that big cab. Perhaps your truck is set up the same.
Lift the bed and see if the square plastic tube that runs out of the blower on the left side is still connected to the square ducting that runs crossways on the back wall.
Also, there is a square air intake filter under the hood on the firewall. You have to turn a small knob to open a little door and the filter pulls out towards you standing on edge.
You will get a lot of wind noise through the driver's door in a crosswind and I'm not sure there really is a fix for that. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Thank you very much guys. I did notice that the top of the door near the windshield is not sealed too good. I like it because it has more room and gives a better ride than the Mack Vision that i'm now driving, Plus it has a automatic transmision in it. Hopefully it will pull the hills fairly good. A friend of my boss said the dealer could hook up a computer to it for $400.and make it run like a large car.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:42 AM

there be a sitch that turns on the a/c in the rear look like bunk deds i belive..... too lazy to get up to ck, mines on the bottom or dash,
Old 07-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Board Icon

#5, the colors of your anti-freeze are supposed to be for certain uses/temps. Green is your standard run of the mill basic anti-freeze that can protect down to -30. Red and yellow are supposed to be better in temps colder than -30. I've seen machinery with orange anti-freeze, supposedly it was for -80 temps, at least that is what the manufacturer stated.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member

You can buy pre-mixed in almost any color. Percentage of water/antifreeze determines the freeze point. You can mix any of them as long as you don't mix long life and regular.