User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default One of those days (again)...

It's 6:30am and it's already been, and going to be, one of those days...

I started @ 3:15am at our yard in Markleysburg, PA. Really heavy fog on US-40 & US-119. First delivery is at 26th St & Liberty Ave in downtown Pittsburgh. Dispatch sheet says it's a FCFS, 24hr, Mon-Fri delivery. I arrived here @ 5:15am only to find out they receive from 10am-10pm.

Second stop is on Preble Ave in Pittsburgh (just off of route 65). It's scheduled for 7am unload. Think I'll be there?

Third and final stop is in Tarentum, PA (north-east of Pittsburgh off of route 28.

Edit: Forgot to mention this:
My company wants us to call in when we're detained for over 2hrs. They don't mean 2hrs 15mins, they mean 2hrs. The problem with that is the morning dispatch is pretty much one of the biggest jackasses I've ever had the pleasure of working with. We've had words a few times already, and that's pretty much all I've ever spoke to him (a few times). Other dispatchers start @ 8am. I just can't wait to see how they decide to lay the blame on me for this...

Last edited by Malaki86; 05-09-2012 at 10:40 AM.