User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default this sucks

Hi
i'll be taking some time off from here as i found out my brother has cancer and is going through chemo and radiation treatments. if anyone has been wondering why i havent been around thats why. i have been taking my space dealing with him and clearing my mind as it came as a shock. probily won't know till august if he's gonna make it or not. as i'm totaly against the chemo but thats my opinion. i pray for him everyday and i keep strong and i'm there for him all i can do for now. hell if it's your time to go i guess you can't stop it only the man upstairs can.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Board Icon

This is NOT the time to be taking some time OFF from here! You just joined this year, and we are just getting to know you. CAD is a "family." And you NEED family.

What you describe certainly DOES "suck." Life can be brutal and is usually fatal.

I'm sure MOST would say it came as a shock. I wake up every day wondering if this will be the day I see signs of that same disease. For one thing... I smoke 2-3 packs of cigs a day!

There is a very helpfull "family forum" on this site if you want to get more detailed. But, I don't mind that you put it right out front for us. MOST here will gladly pray for you, and ALL of us will support you and listen to you.

I'm pretty sure NONE of us would want you to "take time out" or leave us when you (might) need us most.

WE/I can't make you stay, but we/I might implore you to stay WITH us and let us help you see it through. We've seen many others thru similar situations.

Slimland, Sabine, Midnight Flyer and others have found comfort and support here. Heck... even "I" have found that I had a family here!

You will have questions and complaints and angered feelings to share. THIS is the place to do it.

If circumstances dictate that you have no TIME to post here, I'm sure we will understand. And we will wish you luck. But... don't EVER think that we are not willing to BE here for you.

Truckers are a family... as is CAD. We all need a family of some sort... at some time.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Very well said Hobo
Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Senior Board Member

OP - in the last few years I've been getting increasingly bugged out by the negative effects of religion. Damn it to hell man, if modern medicine can save your brother then what's wrong with that? But it's not my place to criticize. With just the slightest twist of logic couldn't you view it as medical miracles placed here by a higher power and embrace it? I do wish you and your brother well.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

cycle of life, we all have to face... I am fighting a long battle against a terminal illness, and going into my second round of chemo and such.
Hobo is right about the people here, and the support. We will care about you and think of you, and be here when you need us.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Cancer is the worst thing in the world. I seen what it did to my dad. He went to chemo 1 time. After that he asked me never to let him do it again. He gave up. He wanted to die. I respected what my dad said. His way of thinking is he was going to die no matter what. So he didnt want to suffer any longer then he need it. Im damn near in tears writing this. I will pray for your brother tonight.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 04-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am very sorry to hear about your brother, ground_pounder. I lost my mother to cancer and my wife lost both of her parents to the disease. I just heard on the news this evening that they think that they may have found a cure for cancer. I would not want to get your hopes up, but they are currently doing more studies. According to the report the medicine is currently being used to treat diabetes. The drug is gluco***e(?). I hope that it works. They said that the cure for cancer is a side effect of the drug. If true, what a great side effect.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Senior Board Member

agree with you all ,we stopped hoggy dissapearing from here even though he tried to go,stand tall man
Old 04-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Board Icon

thanks Mitch! ... and all my friends.

the secret is family, friends and a good home nurse
....I'm getting my toe nails clipped today!

Old 04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Board Regular

great post hobo. this site is a great site more like family here than some other sites and seems more professional than some other sites iv'e been to. ok i'll give an update. he's getting his second chemo this week and they will give him a prognosis on how he's doing and if the tumor is shrinking or not. i'm hoping it is shrinking and he's thinking right now they will only do 3 chemo tratments but i am not sure. but he has 9 more radation treatments to do. they haven't put the gold seeds in him yet we'll have to see on that to as well. i'm hoping they do the operation though and remove the tumor but then again theres that chance of it comming back.