User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2011, 03:01 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post

So, you're saying it's a genuine human being that wrote all those volumes on CAD...
You're also telling us just who it has been that had the best influence on you. Not a bad pair of choices.

Yes... Windy, there IS a Santa Clause. And Hobo is a real human.

But, I told you not to draw any conclusions from my choices. I cannot count the many of you here that have positively influenced my life. My choice was not based on some kind of "contest." Let's leave it in the realm of "representative."

For a mere $720, any of us could outfit an entire classroom with 15 desks (seating 30 kids.) And kids will fill those seats for years to come. I am seriously considering dedicating an entire classroom to Class-A-Drivers. Seating arrangements/honors will have to be figured out. Who could I possibly "pair" with robertt??

Just kidding.

I'm actually OLD enough to remember these "double desks." Aren't YOU?

I suppose I would run out of liberal/conservative matches after awhile and have to put two conservatives together to fill a class of CAD members! Of course, they will want to move THEIR desks to the front of the class! :lol:

I'm just kiddin' around here a bit. NOT trying to get political. [Lord knows I don't HAVE to "try."] :lol:

I'm thinking of doing a whole classroom with the names of my family (going back to my father's father... or just my own father and his wife.)

And yes... I'm seriously considering a whole classroom in honor of my "family" here on CAD.

Don't think I am puttin' on the Ritz. I'm not trying to show wealth or extravagance or anything. I used to spend about $300 a year on Christmas presents for my "small" immediate family. We stopped doing that about the time that I started making enough money to do it with some "ease." I guess I just need an outlet. I DO like "giving" during the Christmas season. And I have been blessed recently to where it isn't such a stretch... but, now I don't get to do it.

I have not "tithed" for many years now. The Bible teaches that I am stealing from God. I don't really "buy" that... but, as Roadhog said, it IS a blessing to be able to "give." I could probably outfit an entire SCHOOL over there for what I haven't "tithed" in just the last year!

And finally... I am in a position to make amends... or to RECEIVE that blessing. The Bible says that I am too late, that it will count for naught at the pearly gates. I don't care. I'm gonna do what gives me joy.

Merry Christmas to ALL of my friends and family here on CAD!

May each of you find and experience the spirit of Christmas in whatever manner gives you the most happiness... and peace.

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:21 AM
Board Icon

Roadhog said:

Quote:
...is that what they call the "joy of giving?" :lol:
Absolutely! For me... it is "the reason for the season."

Quote:
They not only have a nice blessing, but the seat of genius! :thumbsup:
HaHa.... didn't think of that. Should have included a "whoopie cushion!" What a burden for the poor child. We'll have to make sure he doesn't know WHO he has to live up to! :lol:

Quote:
Thank you Hobo for that gesture!
It was indeed MY honor!

Quote:
Merry Christmas!
And to YOU... and all of yours!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:24 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Merry Christmas, Hobo. I think it is a good idea that you want to help children get desks.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I'm actually OLD enough to remember these "double desks." Aren't YOU?
Double seats???? Soo.... Roadhog is the way he is because of his "seat partner"??? He misses her???

Did they have those before or after the planks on the wrought iron frames with the inkwells we used to dip the girl's pigtai.... Perhaps another thread. (maybe the one where we harnessed a girl's horse backward...):eek2:

Old 12-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Board Icon

The poor lad who sits in the Hog seat, is now one day destined to streak the entire student assembly, to prove his love for a girl, who is way out of his league.