User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Classic Muscle Car Auction

While eating lunch yesterday I was doing a big of channel surfing and came up with a classic muscle car auction on Velocity (I think that's where it was). Folks, you would not believe some of the cash people were laying out for some of those 1960s and 1970s muscle cars. A 1967 Jaguar XKE went for $600,000 and some other cars even went higher! Must be nice! They didn't have my dream muscle car: 1977 black Trans Am, black interior, and gold screaming chicken on the hood!
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer View Post
While eating lunch yesterday I was doing a big of channel surfing and came up with a classic muscle car auction on Velocity (I think that's where it was). Folks, you would not believe some of the cash people were laying out for some of those 1960s and 1970s muscle cars. A 1967 Jaguar XKE went for $600,000 and some other cars even went higher! Must be nice! They didn't have my dream muscle car: 1977 black Trans Am, black interior, and gold screaming chicken on the hood!

Care to make an offer??? There are some days I wonder if she would bring in enough to make a decnt payment on the mortgage, but then my wife tells me I would regret it with-in a week. I also have a 73 convertible that has been in the family since day one, i rode off the lot in the back seat of it when I was 10 yrs old, however it has been sitting for many years and needs a total restoration...

Timberwolf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]975[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]976[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]977[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]978[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]979[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 fstback.jpg (60.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 67 side view.jpg (63.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg side2.jpg (63.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg inside.jpg (53.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg motor 2.jpg (72.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

That is a nice looking 67 Mustang, Kentla. I wish that I had kept my 66 Mustang 2+2 fastback. It would probably be worth a fortune today. Midnight Flyer, I can't believe that a 67 XKE would bring that kind of money. Those were nice looking cars, but you could not keep them out of the shop. We had a friend who had one and nearly every time he got out on the road he would break down. He finally got someone to take it off his hands.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Senior Board Member

There's a guy in my neighborhood that has a '79 Trans Am. It's gold, has T-Tops and a 400 under the hood. From what I could see, it's 100% original. He said he's going to restore it, but it hasn't been touched in at least 5 years. I'd love to get hold of that.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
There's a guy in my neighborhood that has a '79 Trans Am. It's gold, has T-Tops and a 400 under the hood. From what I could see, it's 100% original. He said he's going to restore it, but it hasn't been touched in at least 5 years. I'd love to get hold of that.
At the place I pick up , one of the guys there was given a 79 Fire bird/TA ( don't remember) it all there just in peices. A friend of his had plans 15yrs ago to redo it and just recently passed. So he spent all weekend getting the parts boxed and moved then loaded up the shell and towed it home. While its' still on the trl some guy from down the st looked at it and made an offer $1000. and deal done.
I saw pic's on the following Monday, NO RUST AND A SHAKER HOOD SCOOP! I'm not sure but I think it would be a big block 403cu in?
Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
That is a nice looking 67 Mustang, Kentla. I wish that I had kept my 66 Mustang 2+2 fastback. It would probably be worth a fortune today. Midnight Flyer, I can't believe that a 67 XKE would bring that kind of money. Those were nice looking cars, but you could not keep them out of the shop. We had a friend who had one and nearly every time he got out on the road he would break down. He finally got someone to take it off his hands.
Thanks Gman, she's my baby I bought her back in the mid 80's for $4800 and am pretty sure I could get at least $30,000 for her right now. All original GT, S code, 390, 4 speed, front disc, A.C. and PS, plus she has the cool intermintent wiper pedal on the floor. I have been thinking about taking off the stripes and taking her back to the complete midnight blue color she was when I bought her or changing the color to the maroon color of the time. right now she just sits in storage and I take her out about once a month just to clean out the pipes. I did let my 16 year old daughter drive her about a month ago after I spent two months teaching her how to drive a stick on my 06 Mustang and the damn kid said she liked driving the 06 better then the 67, she says she feels more comfortale behind the wheel of the 06, go figure..
Here are a few shots of my 73 convertible, like I said it needs a total restoration, and I just have not had the motivation to do much of anything other then changing out the old 302 and putting in one that was in an old 67 coupe I had way back in college, that motor from the coupe was built by a guy named walt Hane, EPS This man knows Fords inside and out as he used to race with the legend himself Mr Shelby and I just happened to be fortunate enough to grow up in Evergreen, Colorado with a father who loved Mustangs. Walt used to do all the work on the cars my dad bought including this 73 convertible and at least 7 others that my brother and I both owned throughout the years, he was instrumental in my buying the fastback as I had him inspect it before buyng it.
As I said I rode off in the back seat of this 73 convertible with my dad driving it and my older brother in the front seat, I might add I was crying at the time because my brother called shotgun first and I really wanted to drive off the lot in the front seat, this convertible holds a lot of memories including my first date, and several other dates afterwards, so I am having a real hard time getting rid of it, however it really needs work, quarterpan fender wells, trunk floorpan, rear tailgate pan, and a new paint job just to mention a few, however the motor runs like a top and the 3 speed shifts as smooth as a babies ass, the rest is just a matter of cash and motivation...

I love my cars..

Timberwolf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]984[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]983[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]982[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]981[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]980[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Left side view.jpg (70.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang drivers interior.jpg (89.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Motor center view.jpg (94.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang rear.jpg (90.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Mustang right front.jpg (99.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Kentla93; 12-12-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Board Icon

My first car (bought an owned by me) was a 66 Stang with a 289 H.P. console automatic. Army Green! Wish I still HAD it, but traded it in on a 71 Cougar XR/7 with a 351 Cleveland. Would still like to have THAT, too. Both of these cars had POWER and acceleration. My GRANDMA had a Caprice with a 454 in it! Wow! In 1972, we took a '70 Impala with a 350 C.I. and 300 H.P. and put a 3/4 racing cam in it. Our mechanic used to build engines for a NASCAR team. Fastest car on "the strip" back in its time. Ya gotta LOVE American muscle cars. Even the "sleepers."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 12-13-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

My 66 Mustang 2 + 2 had a 4 speed 289. It registered 140 mph. I had it up to about 127 mph and got a little scared when I could turn the steering wheel back and forth and it didn't waver. The early Mustangs had a hood that would encourge it to get very light. I wound up putting over size tires on the rear and 110 pounds of weight in the truck to give more stability in rain and going fast around curves. I have shut down 396 Chevelle's before in that car. It was a limited edition. After I got rid of the car I tried to find another one and could only find automatics or 3 speeds. They made 800 or 1,200 of them like my car. I wish that I still had it. I miss driving that car. The back seat would fold down giving the illusion of a 2 seater. I didn't burn the tires off, but used to drive faster than I should. It was just a fun car to drive. Of course, it didn't have air conditioning, as most of that era. The car before my Mustang was a 59 Plymouth. That was also a fast car. It looked like a torpedo when taking off.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Senior Board Member

all ford people in here? sigh..

lol

i got a 1987 buick grand national. it does not play well with others.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Board Regular

well Hmmmm,
Name is Firebird yet you are driving a Grand National?
About 20 years ago or so I put my Fastback up against my Brother Firebird Formula 400 side by side down a two lane road here in Orlando, Neck and neck to the end when he backed off, Or so thats what I say.. He has a different view of the day.. Regardless of personal preference, old muscle cars are like music to me, I love most of them., Just prefer Mustangs as that is how I was raised.

Timberwolf