User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Paging Golfhobo!

Since when did Barnes start pulling FedEx Ground doubles? As soon as I saw that combo (especially since Barnes has their headquarters near your home-20), I thought, "Hobo must know what's behind this..."
Old 12-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Might have to do with HOLIDAY RUSH. Every Christmas Season, I used to pull Buster Brown doubles because company drivers simply could not keep up with the volume of packages during November and December. Also pulled American Freight before they got gobbled up.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Might have to do with HOLIDAY RUSH. Every Christmas Season, I used to pull Buster Brown doubles because company drivers simply could not keep up with the volume of packages during November and December. Also pulled American Freight before they got gobbled up.
That makes sense. That's what I thought, also. Last year, I saw a Werner 387 pulling a UPS 53' wagon, and I've seen a few UPS Parcel tractors pulling Swift wagons this year. I reckon that's no more strange than me carting around an ex-MS Carriers 48' box today.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
I've seen a few UPS Parcel tractors pulling Swift wagons this year. I reckon that's no more strange than me carting around an ex-MS Carriers 48' box today.
I saw that the other day while sitting on I-95. Looked over and saw a UPS truck pulling a Swift and went WTF?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Board Icon

It is possible that UPS might be "trip-leasing" other trailers to help carry the holiday freight instead of buying more rolling stock for the holidays. I'd wait to jump to any conclusions until about mid January. If you see them mixed like this after that, I'd say something is up. In the past, they did lease from some of the leasing companies. Maybe they're getting a better deal from Swift.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
Since when did Barnes start pulling FedEx Ground doubles? As soon as I saw that combo (especially since Barnes has their headquarters near your home-20), I thought, "Hobo must know what's behind this..."
Well, Windy almost nailed it... or so I thought. And then others shared facts about this not ONLY happening at FedEx. I fear a mega-conspiracy is brewin'.... and I hope I'm wrong. But, the original question hit home real strongly these past couple of weeks... during "peak season" when they were supposed to be gonna "run me to DEATH!" I... and every FedEx driver without a dedicated run (anymore,) has SEEN "outside carrier" trucks in our terminals lately. I'm looking into the situation and have brought it up with my boss (the I/C who owns the truck and the "lease" to FedEx.) I can't ANSWER the original question. I don't know... yet. But, I am NOT a happy camper right now. Stay tuned to this channel (thread) cuz I hope to have some real info soon... and it could affect many OTHERS of you.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Well, Windy almost nailed it... or so I thought. And then others shared facts about this not ONLY happening at FedEx. I fear a mega-conspiracy is brewin'.... and I hope I'm wrong. But, the original question hit home real strongly these past couple of weeks... during "peak season" when they were supposed to be gonna "run me to DEATH!" I... and every FedEx driver without a dedicated run (anymore,) has SEEN "outside carrier" trucks in our terminals lately. I'm looking into the situation and have brought it up with my boss (the I/C who owns the truck and the "lease" to FedEx.) I can't ANSWER the original question. I don't know... yet. But, I am NOT a happy camper right now. Stay tuned to this channel (thread) cuz I hope to have some real info soon... and it could affect many OTHERS of you.
...and that's why I was hoping you'd chime in on this one, because I noticed it a LOT more this year than last. Last year, I saw ONE Werner 387 pulling a UPS box and that was it. This year, it seems a bit more prolific. I, too, figured that you'd be running like a chicken with its head cut off at this time of year. Good luck with that situation, and do keep us posted.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Board Icon

This last week, I got about 2100 (team) miles! That's less than half my usual. Had a few extra miles left over from last week (cutoff is Sun midnight,) So, I got half a paycheck. Left here Wed morning (a day late due to sitting in Cali for a day last week before getting a return run,) and only got a thousand mile run to Kansas City. When I got there, HALF the trucks in the yard were outside carriers! Spent thursday nite in a cheap motel. Friday morning, I had to change my "goal" from going WEST to "getting home." Got 1,000 miles back to Charlotte and then 100 back to GBO. Can't afford to even TRY to get to the west coast THIS week, as I will be losing "position" to the outside carriers, and might not get home for Christmas!

Had a Barnes driver in my window when I got home.

Hard for me to discuss this right now. Harder still for me to do it without putting everyone to sleep or sending Windy to the potty room!

I am one pizzed off employee at the moment! Maybe, I can make a concise post about it when I get "fully" on line 5.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Board Icon

I think I'm starting to see why none of you guys are sending me that barely legal smokin' hot sweeeeeeeet succulent moist deeeeeeeeeeeelishus split tail,
that lives next door to you, that your wife forbids you to touch... by FedEX.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
during "peak season" when they were supposed to be gonna "run me to DEATH!" I... and every FedEx driver without a dedicated run (anymore,) has SEEN "outside carrier" trucks in our terminals lately. I'm looking into the situation and have brought it up with my boss (the I/C who owns the truck and the "lease" to FedEx.) I can't ANSWER the original question. I don't know... yet. But, I am NOT a happy camper right now. Stay tuned to this channel (thread) cuz I hope to have some real info soon... and it could affect many OTHERS of you.
Welcome to your wake-up call GH! I'm just sorry that I am so late to point it out to you.

In the words of the late, great ColdFrostyMug. 'Your job is secure until the next low bidder comes in and undercuts your rates. If some mega-coolie/carrier will run that freight for next to nothing............that freight is going on that truck.'

Survival of the fittest. Our lovely industry. Now they (FedEx) appear to be farming loads to (coolie?) carriers?

Say it ain't so Hobo!!! I see CRST tractors pulling R&L doubles.............................

I feel for ya bro.

Last edited by belpre122; 01-31-2012 at 01:05 PM.