User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What would CATHOLICS know about it???

Professors' letter criticizes Boehner ahead of Catholic University commencement :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:14 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Looks like I need to do more research into archaeology and anthropology. I've heard of "ancient Hebrew", but never "ancient Christian". Is there a segment of Christianity that pre-dates the birth of Christ?:eek2::roll:

:lol:

Old 05-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

First, I should apologize or "clarify" my thread title before I start another firestorm. Some day I will learn not to use sacrcasm, juxtaposition or "word play" in my titles. I had enough trouble explaining my LAST one on Teaparty racism! :roll:

Before anyone gets offended, I was attempting to say that Catholics ARE (perhaps) the foremost authority on charity for the poor and needy, and it is THEY (or at least some of them,) who are voicing opposition to Boehner's appearance (let alone his "honorary degree") because of the GOP's stance on cutting federal aid to the poor and needy.

By asking "what would THEY know about it?" .... I was actually trying to say that they SHOULD and DO "know about it!" It was like.... why should we listen to THEIR complaints? What are they.... the EXPERTS? And of course.... I am saying that, YES.... they ARE! :thumbsup:

If the Catholics are questioning the GOP postions.... then, maybe we should take a closer look!

I apologize to ANY of you who thought I was disparaging Catholics or their religion. I was NOT.

Now.... Windy:

The Christian bible (and the religion) is over 2000 years old! That is ancient enough (apparently) for the author of the article who used the term "ancient Christian teaching." (or whatever the term was.)

Obviously, Christianity, as well as Judaism, Hinduism, etc., are ALL based on "ancient" writings.... though still being taught today. The author's point was that we have ALWAYS been taught that we should care for the poor, the needy, and the old and infirm. The Ryan budget plan seems to want to strip them of that assistance. And even SOME of the Republicans are saying that.... as they RUN from it like a theater on fire! :hellno:

Ancient Hebrew did not "predate" Judaism any more than "ancient Christianity" would predate Christ. But, BOTH predate the World as we know it today.

The purpose of the thread, IF THERE IS ONE, is to spark a conversation about the social responsibility of our nation and the expediency of curtailing funding for the same when we find ourselves in a financial crisis of our OWN making.

It's the old question of "guns or butter." I'm not against rationing the amount of butter for the poor, if GMAN will agree to reducing the gov't spending on the Military Industrial Complex. :thumbsup:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.