User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yep, the SEALS got him. My brother-in-law spent 8 years in the Navy and knew some of the SEALS. YOU DON'T WANNA MESS WITH THOSE GUYS!! They are some bad sumbitches!! They'll hunt down and kill or capture their prey. There's no place to hide from them. Someone who had a relative killed on 9/11 was quoted as saying they would like to shake the hand of the SEAL who shot that scumbag. We'll never know who it is as they keep things super top secret. And that's just the way we like it! God Bless our armed forces and especially the Navy SEALS and special forces!
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Wind, it was the best of the best, SEAL Team Six.

As for the burial at sea, now that is looking like it will enrage the Muslims. They say no Muslim should ever be buried at sea unless they die on a boat. We've already announced he was killed on land so we can't finaggle around that one. Some senior clerics are highly po'ed about it.
I would not try to pick which team is "the best". Not a choice I would want to make. Unless they've branched out and specialized teams for different operations, any one of them could have pulled it off. Team Six was probably closer on hand than the rest.

As for the "burial at sea"... :lol::lol::lol::lol: I would expect it would have been conducted with all the proper pomp and ceremony. Perhaps a short hymn... "Him, him... F--ck him" and a "May GOD rest his soul" as they closed the door of the plane.:bow::clap::lol2: When Obama appeared on TV, he sure didn't seem like he was the least bit concerned about the "cleric's" thoughts on the subject.

The whole world was looking for him, and Pakistan was hiding him all the while. That does not sit well at all. Screw... No, DOUBLE SCREW the clerics.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
I think is is even bigger than that!! I think WE didn't want him having a "Shrine"!! I'm betting that his last "Hidey-hole" get bulldozed in the next day or so!!! WE aren't gonna want even the place he died being "En-Shrined"!!
From what the news crews were showing after the Seals were gone, the whole place was engulfed in flames. By now, I doubt there's anything left.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Now on the Bush end, who says that harsh interrogations are a waste and should never have been done to captured terrorists?
I'm surprised that someone, anyone, still thinks that torture was a net benefit! As far as I'm concerned W aided and abetted the enemy with that unbelievably dumb move.

Btw, you're making a wild assumption when you think that torture is the only way that information could have been obtained. We've been involved in numerous wars and never sanctioned torture before and we seem to have done ok. WW2 comes to mind. FDR heeded the advice of the experts (science wasn't a four letter word then) and concluded that torture didn't work. He took their advice and our boys got plenty of good intel by other, more honorable, means.

Torture and the US don't even belong in the same sentence.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
I'm surprised that someone, anyone, still thinks that torture was a net benefit! As far as I'm concerned W aided and abetted the enemy with that unbelievably dumb move.

Btw, you're making a wild assumption when you think that torture is the only way that information could have been obtained. We've been involved in numerous wars and never sanctioned torture before and we seem to have done ok. WW2 comes to mind. FDR heeded the advice of the experts (science wasn't a four letter word then) and concluded that torture didn't work. He took their advice and our boys got plenty of good intel by other, more honorable, means.

Torture and the US don't even belong in the same sentence.
http://www.youtube.com/v/DlQjqkH4CwI?version=3"><param
Old 05-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
Does your brain go on vacation after you see a link that serves your purposes? I could post ten links to counter yours. I saw one today that said Donald Rumsfeld says torture didn't give us good info. If I posted that would it alter your opinion? Probably not. Another one said something about an official sounding inquiry panel's findings and again torture didn't work. Should I post that link? I didn't even follow those links because I knew they would tell me what I want to hear. What good is that? I've reasoned torture out for myself and I don't need someone to tell me what to think. If there's new information then ok, but otherwise I'm happy to stick with what my excuse for a brain can figure out.

My good man. If you start with a conclusion and then seek links to support your conclusion you're doing yourself a disservice.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Board Icon

Mr. Ford said:

Quote:
Now on the Bush end, who says that harsh interrogations are a waste and should never have been done to captured terrorists?
I, for one, say that. And almost ALL of the actual interrogators we have in the field have said that!

Quote:
2 Al-Qaida members were harshly interrogated and both gave up the info needed to get the ball rolling before Obama took office. Once he took office those 2 prisons where the interrogations took place were closed so we could no longer get the info. We had to piece everything together on our own after that, had we been able to keep it going OBL would have been dead a year and a half ago. We got a name of an OBL trusted courier and from there we tracked his movements until we had a definite location and we jumped all over it due to much better communication amongst our spies.
No offense, my friend, but most of that is just total B.S. There are many "accounts" out there, but I don't believe we know all the facts yet (and certainly won't learn them all on newschannels.) But, if you want to jump the gun and make assumptions.... go right ahead.

Michigan said:

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned W aided and abetted the enemy with that unbelievably dumb move.
The "field interrogator" I saw tonight said that he PERSONALLY interrogated hundreds or more of combatants and to a MAN they claimed that the evidence of torture and disgrace at Abu Ghraib and elsewhere was the PRIMARY incentive to them joining Al-Quaida. They also spoke of how this was the deciding factor in so many of them (others) volunteering to be suicide bombers.

Not too long ago, the Republicans were accusing Obama of "aiding and abetting" for doing whatever it was he was doing that they didn't like. They spoke of IMPEACHMENT!

Now.... they are all but "cannonizing" BUSH as a Saint! :hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
My good man. If you start with a conclusion and then seek links to support your conclusion you're doing yourself a disservice.
Especially when the link provided shows someone I don't even recognize.... who starts out by saying, "IT APPEARS.... according to NEWS sources...."

Are you KIDDING ME?

Yeah..... I'm gonna take THIS guy's words as FACT!! [NOT!]

Interesting how HIS "spiel" is almost verbatim what Mr. Ford posted earlier..... AS FACT.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.