User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I doubt it. Unless your company has "Beer Nazis" like Twilight's did.... I'm pretty sure I proved that you were safe!
True story - I was at some podunk gas station with truck parking in Virginia one time. I had a ton of time (as in - waaay more than ten hours) before I had to get rolling again. So I had a few pops while I watched a ballgame on my internet stream. Sue me. (Too late. Heh.)

As tends to be the case with me, I ran out. (I'm a thirsty fella. What can I say?) So I went inside and grabbed one more double-deuce to round out the night. A Schneider driver was eyeing the cooler when I got there, acting like he was about to rob a museum or something. Once I grabbed my can and shut the door, he told me that he was relieved to see that I was having a drink. "Yeah," I replied. I'm over 21, so whatever. I wasn't going to send a bulletin to my dispatcher, obviously, but I wasn't breaking any laws. Apparently the Schneider driver had been reported to his employer in the past for coming out of a bar & grill establishment and walking back to his truck. How pathetic, I thought. Once he accepted that I wasn't an FBI snoop, the fella grabbed a six-pack and headed for the counter. Good for him.

As for Maher - ZZZzzzzzzzzz. His next original thought will be his first. Or second, perhaps. That 'courageous 9/11 bombers' bit was pretty unique, I guess.

I'm not a TV watcher myself, but you can get pretty much every episode of everything on the internet if you really want to do so. Everything. Those greedy right-wingers in Hollywood (err... nevermind that part) and the folks at the FBI might not approve though. Channelsurfing.net used to be one place to look. Not anymore, apparently. Heh. At least our government has its priorities in order. Injections in Roger Clemens' buttocks and now this...

Drug war on the border? What drug war on the border?

I think we oughtta put these people in charge of our health care. What could go wrong?

That being said, the episodes are out there. You just gotta know how to find 'em. I won't get into advocating that sort of thing here, but I will note that the episodes are available without any subscription for those of you who don't care.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoCorleone99 View Post
I wasn't going to send a bulletin to my dispatcher, obviously, but I wasn't breaking any laws.
Aren't the laws so twisted out of shape in this country that you could get popped for drinking and driving just for being in a vehicle with a bol that's too high? Just asking.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
Aren't the laws so twisted out of shape in this country that you could get popped for drinking and driving just for being in a vehicle with a bol that's too high? Just asking.
I suppose anything's possible, but I'm not sure exactly how it would go down. I wasn't at the controls of the vehicle, wasn't on a road, and wasn't in a state of readiness for work (or whatever the terminology is). The only reference that I see in the regulations refers to "operating a CMV." I wasn't operating jack squat. There's no possibility that my BAC was above .04% by the time I had to work again, but it wouldn't shock me if some bureaucrat decided that watching a ballgame under the influence is now a crime. The safer the trucking stats get, the more emboldened the suits become to mess with truckers even more.

I was most certainly in violation of some sort of company policy at the time though. Thankfully there were none of those snitches around.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Board Regular

FYI, in Colorado if you have the key in the ignition that could be considered "intent" to drive... i've known some that got busted for that.. and the law basically provides for it if you interpret it that way. However, seeing that most of us live in the truck.. avoid putting the key in the ignition and you should be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver
How fast do the gigabytes add up on your aircard though? I currently use a slingbox and it allows me to dial down the resolution so Sprint doesn't get testy with me. Most aircards have a 5 gig limit, but mine is over 4 years old and I'm on an unlimited plan. Even here though I have to be careful. I went over 5 gigs once and service was crappy for the next month or two. I think they have a throttling algorithm that kicks in at 5 gigs.
watch your roaming. I roamed over 300 megs for 2 months and they cancelled my account.. then had the balls to charge me another month after the serviece was cancelled. 117.00 I owe them. They sent it to collections and I told them I would settle for 25.00. Its not the money thats the issue.. its the principle.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 AM
Board Icon

Bill Maher is NOT a "god!" But.... he's CLOSE for some of us!

"New Rules" ..... RULES!!!!!

My favorite is when he FINALLY got around to declaring a NEW RULE about "Breaking News!" Don't have time to find the link... but, it was something like this:

"News programs MUST stop leading their shows with the BREAKING NEWS headline when they are just repeating the SAME stuff that happened several hours (or days) ago.... and every show BEFORE them claimed they were "Breaking News."

:lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Senior Board Member