http://www.youtube.com/v/46WcFObgYhI?version=3"><param
Old 11-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have always enjoyed Christmas, watching my children, & now grandchildren open gifts, laugh & play. The cooking, baking & just being with family. This one will be a bit different, but, with good grace everything will be as it should be!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Senior Board Member

This year will definitely be a different one for me. My daughter, 20 years old, is getting married on Dec. 18th. It was a very short notice on this (I found out 7 days ago), and, no, she's not pregnant. As much as I want to see her get married, I also don't ever want to see her get married. She's my only child and I'm simply not ready to give her away.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Rookie

Michelle Obama moment?LOL.Why is that,I don't follow up on the Obamas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
kimmy said:

Kind of a Michelle Obama moment there but...

My parents are both still alive... thank whatever. I guess we're as close as we've ever been. We may be about the same age, as I constantly worry about THEIR mortality.

But, if it's not too much of an intrusion. I can't help wondering why THIS year is the closest you've felt to them... and gives the holidays NEW meaning?

Estranged at one time? I know how THAT goes.

Just curious. Don't get upset.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Rookie

I'll tell you the reason in a pm why I feel this is the first yr I really feel close to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy View Post
Michelle Obama moment?LOL.Why is that,I don't follow up on the Obamas.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Rookie

Forget about the pm golfhobo.your pm box is full and it won't go thru.A few months ago my mom passed out on the kitchen floor and almost died.She turned an imediate dark purple,her lips were sunken in and she was as stiff as a board.I thought she did pass away.Shes been sick for months and it was real hard on dad and I.I took 6 months off from trucking to help take care of mom.She was in a feeble state for along time because of the medicine and shock treatments she had to go thru.We blame the over medicating and treatments on the quack she was seeing.Dad took it upon himself to stop the treatments and cut her medicne in half.Now shes doing real good.My parents are in their late 70s and very healthy but I still worry because of what happened to my mom.Every yr around the hoidays I would say it's just another day and stay out.But not this yr.You never know if this could be their last yr and hope and pray it's not.So that's why I feel so close to my folks.If you knew them,you would see why.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

This is cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-0WVfj76bo

Old 12-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Board Icon

kimmy said:

Quote:
Michelle Obama moment?LOL.Why is that,
Michelle is, unfortunately, INFAMOUS for saying that, after ALL these years of her life (as an African-American,) THIS election gave her reason.... for the "FIRST TIME" ... to be "proud" to be an American. [conservatives crucified her]

YOUR statement reminded me of THAT.... and piqued my interest and thought about how we ALL take certain valuable people or "things" for granted. OR don't recognize what is most important most times when it is right in front of us.

Quote:
I don't follow up on the Obamas.
How EXTREMELY refreshing! :lol2:

Quote:
I'll tell you the reason in a pm why I feel this is the first yr I really feel close to them. .... Forget about the pm golfhobo. Your pm box is full and it won't go thru.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

Quote:
A few months ago my mom passed out on the kitchen floor and almost died.She turned an imediate dark purple,her lips were sunken in and she was as stiff as a board.I thought she did pass away.
Sounds like it was VERY close! Must have been a horrifying moment of thought for you.

Quote:
She's been sick for months and it was real hard on dad and I. I took 6 months off from trucking to help take care of mom.
I'm afraid I see this coming for my Dad and me, too. It was GOOD that you COULD take time off to be with her/them.

Quote:
She was in a feeble state for along time because of the medicine and shock treatments she had to go thru. We blame the over medicating and treatments on the quack she was seeing. Dad took it upon himself to stop the treatments and cut her medicne in half. Now shes doing real good.
This happened to us.... but YEARS ago. My mom is doing pretty good, considering.... but, she won't live to be very old. I'm glad your mom is feeling so much better.

Quote:
My parents are in their late 70s and very healthy but I still worry because of what happened to my mom.
I THOUGHT we were pretty much in the same demographic. My Dad will turn 80 in April, my mom... about 3 years younger. My dad is healthy as any man I've ever KNOWN of his age. My mom has Fibromyalgia, and so many other problems, but gets along okay.... for now.

Quote:
Every yr around the holidays I would say it's just another day and stay out. But not this yr. You never know if this could be their last yr and hope and pray it's not. So that's why I feel so close to my folks. If you knew them, you would see why.
Thanks for the clarification. I get it now. I didn't realize that you had been "staying out" over the holidays for so many "recent" years as a trucker. It's a sacrifice MANY have to make in this business. I've been lucky in that regard.

After being gone for MOST holidays for about 20 years while I and my parents were BOTH "young(er)," ... I HAVE been around for most of them in the LAST 20 years! I am thankful for EVERY ONE of them!

I know what you mean about your folks. I'm sure they are among "the greatest" as are mine. I'm GLAD you've been blessed with MORE time.... and the sense to realize the importance of it.

I'm really glad you HAD this "Best Christmas Ever" And I HOPE you ALL have many more!

Again, welcome to the board.... and have a Happy Holiday Season! [Oh, and top of all of that.... I hope you had a Merry Christmas!]

Hobo

P.S: I've been working on the P.M box! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
My wife and I both lost our parents. I think we miss them most during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those two holidays were always a time for the family to gather. No matter what any of us were doing we always found a way to get together with the family during those times.
My condolences, GMAN. I'm no longer married, but my Ex has lost at least ONE of hers, and my brother's wife and my sister's husband have both lost BOTH of theirs. Only MY parents have survived. I KNOW my time is coming.... and I dread it!

Last week, my parents and I attended that "family gathering" for the first time in MANY years! My father STILL has 5 older sisters and there were ALL those kids, cousins, and grandkids! What a HUGE family I am blessed with! I couldn't help sitting there wishing PaPa was there.... to SEE what he had done! Lol!

I know I will never see ALL of them together again. And, like Kimmy, I realized how important.... for ME.... that I was there! At least ONE of my aunts (who has cancer) won't be there next year. Believe me... I KNOW what is important at this time of year.

THIS weekend, I managed to manipulate my trucking, together with my days off, to spend the Christmas weekend in Louisville with my Sister's family, along with my parents. That's THREE preachers, TWO preacher's wives, and a niece who probably WON'T marry a preacher. :lol:

My stress level was thru the roof! (MANY other contributing factors.) But, I had a wonderful time! This was a major step for me. I was ONE "quick decision" away from spending the holidays alone..... or on CAD.... (which is pretty much the same.)

Hope you ALL had a "Very happy, Merry Merry, Christmas!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 12-28-2010 at 06:27 PM.