User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Proud to be an okie

Do these idiots have a "right" to protest? Sure they do. But......COMMON SENSE would tell "me" that they DON'T have the right to interupt a soldiers funeral and "they" should be "protesting" 10 miles down the road somewhere. The restraint that these families have at this time is a lot more than I think I would have.

US Westboro Protesters Have Tires Slashed During Weekend Face-Off

A Westboro Baptist protester is seen standing on an American flag during a weekend funeral picketing.

The infamous Westboro Baptist church from Topeka, KS, which protests military funerals with signs of “God hates America,” faced a bit of irony over the weekend after clashing with about 1,000 counter protesters in McAlester, Oklahoma.
“Shortly after finishing their protest at the funeral of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey of McAlester, a half-dozen protesters from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., headed to their minivan,” Tulsa World reports, “only to discover that its front and rear passenger-side tires had been slashed.”
Counter protesters were enraged when one of the Westboro picketers was seen standing on an American flag:
But as if the slashing wasn’t bad enough, to add insult to injury the group drove around unable to find anyone in town who would repair their vehicle, according to police.
“The minivan finally pulled over several blocks away in a shopping center parking lot, where AAA was called,” Tulsa World writes. “A flatbed service truck arrived and loaded up the minivan. Assistant Police Chief Darrell Miller said the minivan was taken to Wal-Mart for repairs.”
It was unclear if the repair shops in town weren’t open, refused to service the vehicle, or the group could not find any in the immediate area.
Tulsa World also reports that nearly 1,000 counter protesters showed up to thwart Westboro’s picketing. They reportedly chanted “USA, USA” while a few motorcyclists revved up their engines to muffle the protests.
Video of the event shows the crowd erupting in deafening cheers when the Westboro protesters pull away from the funeral in the disabled vehicle:
Counter protesters took a similar stand in Missouri last weekend. No tire slashings were reported then.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Board Icon

Why hasn't a group gotten together and showed up at the Westboro Church to protest their Sunday services? Turn the tables on them.

While it may be their right under the Constitution to do this, it's very unethical. While I do not condone violence towards the group since that is exactly what they want in order to gain more attention, sometimes it's going to happen when it comes to grieving families. No telling what they may do in such a tough time when these punks show up trying to start trouble. They ought to be locked up for disturbing the peace if they aren't getting the proper permits first if said locale has anything on the books about pickets/protests.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Senior Board Member

It's be interesting to start burning Korans at these protest and see if the courts do anything.

Last edited by Bigmon; 11-16-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Both sides have now turned these services into a friggen circus.. These funerals have now become nothing more than a battle ground of loud, obnoxious assh0les who could care less for the young man and his family who has paid the ultimate sacrifice. I've heard several drivers yapping about this and how proud they are of this mess.. I asked them the name of the soldier who died.. and NONE of them had a clue. Give me a break.. this country is a toilet.
I bet the "Patriot Guard" riders who show up know the soldiers name, as a matter of fact, I happen to know that they know the soldiers name. Here at home anyway. I work with a couple of "Riders". Isn't it the point that people who show up to "protect" the families from these a**hat's, NEVER knew the soldier but are willing to stand up for them because of the "SACRIFICE" they have made?

The only loud and obnoxious people I have seen is from the people from Westboro church. We had a soldier here in the town I live in killed in Afghanistan. The people who showed up to show their respects on the funeral route was AMAZING, to say the least. "We" didn't know the soldier but were there to pay our respects. Not knowing a soldiers name isn't necessarily a sign of disrespect. It's the "effort" that someone has put forward to "show their respects" that matters. There was 0 disrespect from the "crowd". The only problem were the Westboro folks.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Senior Board Member

A LOVELY BUNCH!!! HEAVEN FORBID THEY SHOWED UP AT MY CHILDS FUNERAL.

Kan. Church Plans To Picket Child Funerals

Westboro Baptist Church Cheers Child Deaths
POSTED: 9:38 pm CST November 17, 2010
UPDATED: 9:58 am CST November 18, 2010

TOPEKA, Kan. -- A controversial Kansas church is changing its protest plan after an incident in Oklahoma last week.
Members of the Westboro Baptist Church said they want revenge after someone slashed the tires on their van during visit to protest a military funeral in McAlester. The group said it plans to now target funerals for Oklahoma children.
The group said it planned to picket the funeral of an 8-year-old Burneyville girl who died in an accident at the Love County Fairgrounds last week, although no protesters were seen near the services. The group said it would be in Owasso on Thursday to protest the funeral of a girl who died in a car crash.
The Westboro Baptist Church's website now reads "God Hates Oklahoma" and "The Lord curses them by killing Oklahoma's children and casting them into hell. Thank God for more dead children in Oklahoma."
Old 11-19-2010, 07:52 AM

Screw Westboro..... On Veterans Day, a local funeral home, local law enforcement departments, Vets and the Patriot Guard all came together to honor several deceased unclaimed Vets. The unclaimed Vets had been cremated and were taken from the funeral home to a Vet cemetary some 20 miles away for a proper military funeral. I was very proud to be part of this.....taking up the rear with lights/sirens going. You would be amazed with the number of folks that came out to the curb.....hearing all the motors, seeing the flags flying on the bikes and the sirens going......several folks (even kids) came and saluted as the hearse went by. These unclaimed vets received the funeral they deserved. God Bless these (and all) Veterans that have served this great country.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
A LOVELY BUNCH!!! HEAVEN FORBID THEY SHOWED UP AT MY CHILDS FUNERAL.

Kan. Church Plans To Picket Child Funerals

Westboro Baptist Church Cheers Child Deaths
POSTED: 9:38 pm CST November 17, 2010
UPDATED: 9:58 am CST November 18, 2010

TOPEKA, Kan. -- A controversial Kansas church is changing its protest plan after an incident in Oklahoma last week.
Members of the Westboro Baptist Church said they want revenge after someone slashed the tires on their van during visit to protest a military funeral in McAlester. The group said it plans to now target funerals for Oklahoma children.
The group said it planned to picket the funeral of an 8-year-old Burneyville girl who died in an accident at the Love County Fairgrounds last week, although no protesters were seen near the services. The group said it would be in Owasso on Thursday to protest the funeral of a girl who died in a car crash.
The Westboro Baptist Church's website now reads "God Hates Oklahoma" and "The Lord curses them by killing Oklahoma's children and casting them into hell. Thank God for more dead children in Oklahoma."

What a lovely bunch of "christians"I wonder way they what revenge shouldn't they be praying for the person that slashed the tire's? It's not right but I would've gotten all four Tires !!

Last edited by repete; 11-19-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
What a lovely bunch of "christians"I wonder way they what revenge shouldn't they be praying for the person that slashed the tire's? It's not right but I would've gotten all four Tires !!
These people aren't christians, (I know you were being sarcastic repete), They are a sick twisted bunch. I saw a story on the news about this group and most of them are family, immediate and extended.

To me, this is where the "common sense" thing comes in. Let them protest but let them do it on the other side of town. "They" keep people a certain distance away at some political events, why not do it with these idiots?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Board Icon

Don't forget they are already in court over a soldiers father who sued them and won originally for mental distress after they picketed his sons funeral. No final decision has been reached on that case but it will be a landmark decision when it comes down. The Supreme Court will either rule in the father's favor and uphold the lawsuit he already won or for the church. If they rule for the father it will put a limit on the whole Freedom of Speech we have. Last I heard the Supreme Court was slightly in favor of the father.......
Old 11-19-2010, 09:13 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

It’s only a matter of time before someone starts popping caps in the azzes of the Westboro azzhats. I’m not saying it’s right, I’m only saying it’s inevitable. Some close family member that is crazy with grief over the loss of their soldier son or daughter or their younger child that just died tragically, is going to do more than just slash tires.

I missed Fozzy’s comment (was it deleted?), but he’s right about one thing…this WORLD (not just our country) is in the toilet. I’m just waiting for the cork to pop.