User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock View Post
my sugestion is to just be quiet. those slipery devels can mess your puter up as well. if you want to talk to someone I think you need to talk to the fbi
I gave my local police a chance to call me back today since I called them at the end of the day yesterday and they didn't call. There's a goverment parnership that includes the FBI for computer crime. I'm going to file a complaint and be done with it unless I hear back from them.

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home
Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Senior Board Member

you guys might find this site interesting
419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:17 AM
Board Icon

Dear T.K.

I am very sorry for all the confusion. I didn't know it was YOU I was dealing with. the stove is LOVELY! :hellno: .... and I still want it.

It seems that my partner actually sent the M.O. to Twilight by mistake, and he has promised to cash it and send me his OWN cash just as soon as He!! freezes over! Winter is coming to the Midwest soon, so I remain hopeful.

As for OUR transaction. I think it best that you carry that heavy object down to the nearest UPS store and send it to me "post-paid." Once I receive it, I will deduct half of the shipping costs from the total, and remand the balance by personal check. I don't want to take that much cash down to the "paycheck casher" store on the corner to get a M.O. I might get mugged... and I'm sure you wouldn't WANT that!

I'm sure you will have NO problem cashing my personal check. I promise that I will not stop payment on it.

I'm glad you took the posting on C.L. down! You never KNOW who might show up to buy it with counterfeit money! People are ***** these days! :roll:

If you feel that the shipping costs at UPS are excessive, you have my permission to send it via GMAN's truck! I hear he will pull freight for next to nothing! :lol2::smokin:

I'm sure that once you've sent the stove "pre-paid" and you get my check, we will both be extremely happy!

This is what I LOVE about CAD! The way we all help each other out! :lol:

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Senior Board Member

I know for a fact this is a scam ..... there's another one where the person sends you the money through paypal ... once they do come into town ... they shove the item into the back of a van ... tearing it up and after an hour they call you back to tell you that you sold them a damaged item and want their money back now ..... I sale alot of items on Craigslist ... we want to think people are as honest as we are .......... but that's just not the case any more ..... Be careful and cover your azz in everyway possible ....

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'