LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunker View Post
I've been up and down I-5 a lot the last couple weeks and it seems all of the LTL company drivers pulling sets (Fed Ex, Roadway, Old Dominion, just to name a few) got it pedal to the metal without much concern for the speed limit. I'm not a newbie driver, but I do take it down to the posted speed limit going around some of the blind corners, just to get passed by someone in a big hurry. I really don't want to come around that corner and plow into a slow moving vehicle like Fed Ex did. If that driver would have used a little common sense and decided that safety has far more value than being ontime, we wouldn't be talking about this right now.
I'll admit you see some agrresive LTL guys but you see aggressive drivers in all categories. BUT dont buy the excuse of being on time. We get plenty of time to do the run. Agrresive drivers are agressive drivers period. Alot of LTL guys do the same run everyday so they know the road extremely well, that makes it appear they might be taking some risks when in fact they know exactly what they are doing. One might drive faster when he's knows every turn, exit ramp, construction area, bear hideout and bump in the road. Then throw in the fact that at the end of their run they're probably going home as opposed to sleep in a truck stop. Maybe they have **** to do at home or they're just in a hurry to finish "work". It's a different atttitude when you work a schedule and actually go home for the day. Not advocating aggressive driving just showing things from an LTL driver's standpoint.