User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Coran burning Pastor's history in Germany exposed

Islamophobe's Past in Germany: Terry Jones Accused of 'Spiritual Abuse' at Cologne Church - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

US fundamentalist pastor Terry Jones, who wants to burn copies of the Koran on Sept. 11, ran a church in the western German city of Cologne until last year when members of the congregation expelled him. Former members have spoken of his hate-filled sermons and insistence on "blind obedience."

Turns out he's a crazy criminal????????
Old 09-09-2010, 08:47 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Not that much of a surprise. While I agree that guy has a free speech argument and isn’t breaking any laws, his idea is a few french fries short of a happy meal and woefully ill-advised. I still fully expect violence to break out. I did hear a blurb with him on the news yesterday saying that he and his flock will be armed and ready. Yeah, that is definitely shaping up to be successful event. Wonder if they’ll have jello?

The larger picture is worse – things are bad enough with the radicals and there is no doubt this will make it even more dangerous for combat troops, as well as citizen at home. More terror attacks anyone?

But that, in and of itself, presents an even stickier problem. By stomping down on the guy and telling him NOT to do it because it will incite the “70 Virgins Here I Cum” <-- get it? Bwa ha ha! crowd, are we cowtowing to the murderering fundies? Are we looking for peace at any cost, even the cost of our own dignity? In other words, are we creating an even bigger problem. Because the fact remains is that NOW, no matter what goes on with this, the radicals can claim victory. If he burns the books, the radicals claim victory and recruit more jihadists filled with rage that their holy book was burned. If he backs down, the radicals claim victory and recruit more jihadists suddenly filled with pride that they saved their holy book from an evil westerner.

Basically, we’re farked no matter what now. I’m moving to Saturn.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

What was reported on the news may or may not be true. The guy may very well be a loon, but the way the world media has been reporting the last several years that story could well be a fabrication......or it could be the truth.

It was reported earlier today that the pastor and eman talked on the phone and the paster decided to not burn the koran and the eman told him that they would move the mosque. A little later the other eman came back from the Middle East and told the media that he had not spoken with the pastor and plans for the mosque would proceed as planned. It sounds like the pastor was blindsided. I suppose we won't know until 9/11.

The media have really made a spectacle about this pastor. From what they have reported he only has 30 members, yet he has gained worldwide attention.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Board Icon

This whole thing was blown way out of the park by the media. Had nothing been said, nobody would have known the difference and nothing in this world would have changed because of it.

I am curious, what about the Muslims who have been burning US flags and chanting "Death to the Christians," will the media pick up on that and will that be denounced by the Muslims as hard as this potential bible burning was?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post

I am curious, what about the Muslims who have been burning US flags and chanting "Death to the Christians," will the media pick up on that and will that be denounced by the Muslims as hard as this potential bible burning was?
Your kidding, right?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Board Icon

No I'm not kidding repete. Fair is fair, they should be denounced also if this pastor and what he wants to do is denounced as wrong. It's a 2 way street.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
No I'm not kidding repete. Fair is fair, they should be denounced also if this pastor and what he wants to do is denounced as wrong. It's a 2 way street.

It is only wrong if you profess that you are a Christian. What the Muslims are doing is no worse than what this pastor plans to do. Frankly, I think the media has made a mountain out of a mole hill in this situation.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Well, news this morning is that he backed down completely, this after simply saying last night that he was suspending it temporarily until he got something worked out with the mosque building imam. He was claiming that he was lied to, attempting to save face.

Meanwhile, across the pond, Muslims are clashing with Nato troops, burning American flags, and celebrating victory. Wow…whoda thunk that?

Rocket leaves for Saturn tomorrow at 0800.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Erm, i dont think there is any 'victory ' being celebrated...last report i heard stones were thrown and some afghanis climbed the wall of a German army base in Afghanistan. None of the Germans fired at them, some shot were fired by Afghani police/militia (?) resulting in some injuries...
Old 09-10-2010, 02:15 PM

Your premise is incorrect. I doubt he is an "Islamophobe", and I doubt many people are at all. Who after all, would fear those cowardly wimps? I certainly don't!!!