User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Tethering a samsung propel cell phone to your laptop

The other day I did a google search for tethering after overhearing a few computer geeks talking in the checkout line. So I went home and searched " how to tether a samsung propel" and started reading a few posts and forum topics. Last night samsung PC Studio 3 was downloaded to my laptop. This morning a data cable was purchased at the daytona flea market for $ 7.00. Now I am able to use my cell phone as a dial up modem to access the internet through my propel unlimited data account that costs $10.oo per month. Once it's configured, all you need to do is select the new dial up network you created on your laptop and swith the connectivity in you phone from bluetooth to usb from the drop down menu. I don't plan on abusing the amount of data transferred, but it's nice to know I can surf the web, grab email and use google maps/satelite images to help me run otr if no wifi is available. PC3 comes with step by step directions in the user manual on how to set up the dial up modem and connectivity setting in your phone. If you have some tips for tethering to a laptop please share em and here are a few of the links I found for a samsung phone. PDAnet has software for the iphones

Amazon.com: Original OEM Data Cable For Your Samsung Propel A767: Electronics

How Do I Use My SGH-A767 (Propel) As A Modem Or Transfer Data Between It And My Computer?

PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/s...earchid=174680

Last edited by Kurbski; 08-20-2010 at 10:52 PM.