User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I just love how they make stuff up when they want you out of your position... My company is run by 2 brothers and their wives, The rest of us are pee-ons.. We don't have a H.R. department.. 80 something employees and they don't give a s..t about any of us.. I even grew up with the 2 brothers... I worked for there grandfather, their father, and now them.. It was an unexpected kick in the teeth today... Now i either have to suck it up and go back driving for them or find another job in this economy so i can keep a roof over my family's head....
Old 09-25-2010, 04:15 AM
Board Icon

Sorry to hear that, freebird! What a jerk! I wonder what it feels like to be a woodpecker without a sense of humor...
At the same time, I can somewhat see where he's coming from. If the boss likes to joke and cut-up, sometimes it's hard for the employees to take the boss serious when something happens. Like if you get in trouble, or something etc..
At the same time, it sounds like this dude doesn't have much of a life.
Knowing my luck, and knowing that I can't keep my mouth shut, I probably would have said something like, "Well, I guess I wasn't fit for the office job after all. I wouldn't want people to think that I was a donkey's hind-end."
Atleast he did have the kindness to put ya back in the truck. Cool beans! BOL!

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't U people know, the only way to make it in this world is to not have a sense of humor and to be rude!
What ya thinkin??? :P
Old 09-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Senior Board Member

I have to say that I have been in a "management" position for the last 20+ years. You either lead by building a TEAM or you lead by intimation. The latter has NEVER worked (for me). I built a team and they go to "bat" for me every night as do I for them when things (**** happens ) don't work out for them. They do their job and I do mine. It works for all of us.......no need to mess with it.

Ridge
Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Would you come be my boss Ridge?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Senior Board Member

I feel for ya freebird. It's a tough situation to be in because you have to put your family before you own desire to tell someone to shove it. Start putting your resume out, maybe that competitor will interested again in a little while.

Best of luck.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Maybe try to keep that job. :thumbsup:
Go convince your boss to let you have another go at it.

I'd fight for that better paycheck and hometime!

I saw a buddy of mine have to make the transition from driver to dispatcher, and I noticed he had to get use to having a restroom, that didn't have a condom machine on the wall.

Personally, I can't imagine trying to get use to a phone over a CB mic as being very easy to get use to....especially with a cinnamon toothpick in your mouth.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
I know that i am still employed there, but who the heck would want to work for somebody that would do that to you.......
IDK.... maybe someone who didn't want to be standing in the unemployment line?

I know what you're saying, but.... right now you may need to take the offer of a dollar more for driving, while looking elsewhere.

Might give you time to talk to the "brothers" and find out what happened? I'm just saying don't burn any bridges that don't NEED burning. At least not until YOU can be the one to light the match!

Quote:
I just love how they make stuff up when they want you out of your position...
You mean like the Repubs are doing to the Dems? :lol: (sorry... just needed my weekly fix!)

Quote:
My company is run by 2 brothers and their wives, The rest of us are pee-ons.. We don't have a H.R. department.. 80 something employees and they don't give a s..t about any of us.. I even grew up with the 2 brothers... I worked for there grandfather, their father, and now them.. It was an unexpected kick in the teeth today... Now i either have to suck it up and go back driving for them or find another job in this economy so i can keep a roof over my family's head....
It sounds like you know the family well. Perhaps, it is an economic thing that you are unaware of. Maybe, they need to cut costs and don't NEED you in dispatch. Could this be the case? Can you just ask them about it?

I would take the driving job with them (to keep paying the bills) but, let them know how you feel. See if you can get a better explanation.

If all else fails, take a break from family life and go SEE the west coast if you can. You may never get another chance. I know you don't want to TEAM, but... even a solo can be out there and back in less than 10 days (with the right company.)

I hope you find the right answer and I wish you B.O.L. I'm pretty sure you deserve it!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
Now i either have to suck it up and go back driving for them or find another job in this economy so i can keep a roof over my family's head....
So what did you end up doing?

I'm not sure what I would do in your place. The smart thing is to take the offer and stay employed, but the tempting thing is to tell them to shove it.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Right now i'm out of work for 2 weeks. i pulled a muscle in my back on my other job.( i'm also a part time E.M.T.) So i have 2 weeks to figure things out. I want to find another job, because i can't work for somebody that would do that to me after all the years I've known that family. It was like a kick in the teeth to me. I'm hoping to find out if Workman's comp. is gonna pay my wages for both my jobs or just my Ambulance job. I should have an answer by the middle of the week. If i have to go back O.T.R. i want to find a company that could get me home every week and one that i could take the wife and or dog with me. I know the wife could only go once a year, so i guess the dog would keep me company the rest of the time. Plus with the dog i wouldn't have to worry about the anti idle laws at least in N.Y.C. I don't know how that works in the rest of the country.. Right now i know of a company that is running hard back and forth from Massachusetts to Wisconsin. But like i said, hopefully workman's comp. will give an answer in a few days..... :smokin: