LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Windy:

You didn't "get" anyone. I didn't research the history of FICA because you quoted some email. As mentioned before, I already KNOW that most if not all of these emails are hoaxes. I did it because I CARE about the truth. IF any of those claims against Dems were accurate, I felt I should know it. From the first claim, I knew something wasn't right.... as I KNEW I had never heard that FICA was ever "voluntary."

You insult me if you think I don't know when I'm being baited. Heck, the other posts on this thread show that it has become a "game" to some of you. I don't mind. I'm expanding my knowledge while many of you are drinking koolaid.
Well, actually, I have not been drinking "koolaid" either. My beverage of choice has been ROOT BEER. Other than that, I have not been a beer drinker for more than 40 years. But, I've been expanding my knowledge base as well, in several areas.

The email was not something I had ever heard before, and after I posted it, (rather tongue in cheek, I might add) I did a little research of my own. If there was anything to it, I wanted to know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I've spent most of the afternoon re-reading the decisions of the Supreme Court in Bush vs. Gore. My brother and his wife are taking my mother and father out to lunch for their birthdays, and I just didn't feel like going. You know.... 5th wheel and all.

But, if you prefer to waste my time by baiting me into "reactionary" posts rather than having an actual discussion with me about MY beliefs or feelings on a particular subject.... well, it's your nickel.

I suppose that opportunity has long since been squandered anyway.
You have to admit, anytime there is something less than flattering posted about "your leader", you come out of your corner swinging:lol: I thought it might be a way of paying you back for all the trips to the bathroom. (Actually, it's a matter of falling asleep in the middle of "proof-reading" your manuscript, before sending it on to a publisher for you):lol:

Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post

You have to admit, anytime there is something less than flattering posted about "your leader", you come out of your corner swinging :lol::lol:
No, I DON'T have to admit that. Everytime I log in there are more posts taking a "jab" at Obama than I could possibly ever refute or address. Remember that this board is, by Twilight's decree, 85% Conservative. And lately, it is just one big "mosh pit" of lies and innuendos.... MOSTLY based on ignorance and FOX news propaganda.

I don't have the TIME to address every LIE! And for the record.... your "phantom email" didn't even MENTION Obama! I have to defend Democrats as well!

But, the truth is.... I sometimes just read all the B.S. and shake my head and log off!

I'm "amused" at Twilight's constant contention that "I" have a fixation on Bush! I am ONE voice. In all those years that I have given my opinion on Bush, I was just a small representation of the board membership! It was NOTHING compared to the onslaught of lies and innuendos against Obama that passes for "accepted" conversation on the board today.... and again I submit.... WITH the approval and contribution of the mod staff.

Be that as it may, I am not complaining. In fact.... contrary to the opinion I have been left with by Twilight's CONSTANT reminders (for awhile) about how SO MANY of the board faithful was "ringing his bell" with complaints about ME.... "I" have NEVER sent a PM or email of complaint to HIM or ANY Mod about any of the other members of this board!

I have noticed the disappearance of MANY posters of a more "liberal" persuasion, but have HEARD only about the conservatives that "I" have run off! [though I've never been given a NAME of any.]

My greatest disappointment, bordering on shame, is that I may have been the cause of FOZZY's "retirement" from the board. I appreciated his philosophical views on religion and government, but I didn't fit his idea of a patriotic American. More specifically, he took offense to a FEW things I said "in general" that he felt were "personal." I must bear the responsibility for not being more sensitive to his position at the time.

As for the REST of the "wusses" who couldn't stand up for their beliefs, and left the board because ONE poster called them out for drinking the koolaid.... I really don't care! I apologized for putting ALL conservatives in ONE basket, but these constant EMAILS tend to prove me right!

I've been led to believe.... in fact TOLD.... that the rest of the board population is worth MORE than MY singular participation. I can accept that. But, I am (almost) DAILY presented with taunts about my "party affiliation," INSULTS about my ability to "see and understand" what is happening around me, and LIES about my party and president.

[And that's just from Twilight! :lol: ]

Just HOW would y'all THINK I would respond?

Here again.... T/F will tell me that I wear my heart on my sleave because I have given an emotional response. Nothing could be farther from the truth! I am not sitting here crying because I've been mistreated! I am passionate, yes. But, I am focused.

In fact.... JUST focused enough to know when I should DROP this current "debate." I suppose I've already "earned" another warning... unless of course, my warnings have run out. Whatever.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 04-19-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I've been led to believe.... in fact TOLD.... that the rest of the board population is worth MORE than MY singular participation. I can accept that. But, I am (almost) DAILY presented with taunts about my "party affiliation," INSULTS about my ability to "see and understand" what is happening around me, and LIES about my party and president.

[And that's just from Twilight! ]
Martyr much? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote:
In fact.... JUST focused enough to know when I should DROP this current "debate." I suppose I've already "earned" another warning... unless of course, my warnings have run out. Whatever
Why, because you’re still taking shots at me? Dude, I’ve got asbestos underwear. You wanna shoot, shoot. You’re still here, ain’t ya?

But I stand by my PM to you the other day. I meant everything I said. That’s what HOPE is all about. Doesn't mean I'm going to agree with anything you post here, though, so don't get to dreamin'.