User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Colorado State Patrolemen busted for DWI!

This is just unbelievable!

On-Duty Colorado State Trooper David Dolan Accused of Driving Drunk - AOL News
Old 03-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Senior Board Member

I can just see it now!!

I'm a former cop who is now looking for a career change. I was busted on some trumped up charges for a DWI and an illegal weapons charge. I wasn't really as drunk as they said I was. I'm thinking about getting into trucking, but the companies I've talked to won't even let me explain my side of the story. They just hang up on me when I tell them about my DWI. I don't think it's fair to judge me because of one mistake I made. I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't tell them about it. Are there any companies that will hire me and get me home once a week so that I can report to my probation officer??

Thanks.

Last edited by Useless; 03-27-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 PM

I know of a cop personally that did the same thing. He got caught two times with beer and whiskey in his patrol car. He wrecked the city patrol car shortly after the second time he got caught. I suspect he was drunk when it happened. We will never know since the details of the wreck was never made public. He was fired from his job at the city he worked for after the wreck.

About a month later he was hired on with the county. He started out as a jailer and was ordered to go through a drug and alcohol counseling program. Of course it was paid for by the county because he was a county employee.

He is now a full time county patrol officer. He drives his patrol car everyday with no DWI on his record. I see him everytime I drive past a certain convenience store during the day. This is where he spends 80%of his on duty time at. Mostly just sitting inside at a booth chatting with the regular customers. One would never know the story if they just met the man.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member

A buddy of mine... I wont say any names is a PA trooper and he drinks and drives like it is his job. Never on duty that i know of. But off duty he is always the driver when we go out to the bars. Cuz he dont seem to care about DUIs

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_0755 View Post
I know of a cop personally that did the same thing. He got caught two times with beer and whiskey in his patrol car. He wrecked the city patrol car shortly after the second time he got caught. I suspect he was drunk when it happened. We will never know since the details of the wreck was never made public. He was fired from his job at the city he worked for after the wreck.

About a month later he was hired on with the county. He started out as a jailer and was ordered to go through a drug and alcohol counseling program. Of course it was paid for by the county because he was a county employee.

He is now a full time county patrol officer. He drives his patrol car everyday with no DWI on his record. I see him everytime I drive past a certain convenience store during the day. This is where he spends 80%of his on duty time at. Mostly just sitting inside at a booth chatting with the regular customers. One would never know the story if they just met the man.
:eek2: :eek2: :hellno: :hellno:

It's guy like that who give the rest of us drunk drivers such a bad reputation. I say that if you're going to drive drunk, then drive drunk RESPONSIBLY!!

Old 03-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Board Regular

Cops make mistakes too...

As a side note, it takes 2 DUI's in Colorado to become decertified as a POST (state certification) officer. CO Post certified for 3 years before resigning my commission...
Old 03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Board Icon

This stuff used to happen all the time in VA back in the 60-70's. Cops would pull over someone who was drunk, they would give them a ride home instead of jail because they usually knew the person. It was always the same people being stopped. If you had an open beer in the vehicle, the cop would take it and some would then drink it down. It was rampant and accepted back then but not today.