User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well, the problem with Catholic Priests might resolve itself, whether the Catholic Church likes it or not.

The Future of Catholic Celibacy May Be in Doubt - Newsweek.com

Quote:
One wonders at the priorities of a man who failed to defrock a priest in Wisconsin who molested hundreds of children but acted so decisively in the case of one who married a consenting adult.
Seems the Church is being a bit less than realistic.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have to say, as a Catholic, this is all VERY disturbing, dispicable and anything else you want to say about it. I went to a Catholic school for 9yrs and was an altar boy for about 7 or 8 in the 60's and 70's and personally never had a problem. I do think it is "unnatural" to ask someone, male or female, to be celibate for their entire life, which I think leads to some of these types of problems.

I am not a "practicing" Catholic, I have disagreed with ALOT of the way they do things. Their are alot of reasons for this, but it is a loooonnngggg and sordid story.

My question is, is why is the Catholic church being brought to the forefront with all of this? Is it becuase they are suppose to be so "pure"? Aren't we ALL sinners? Human beings are going to be Human beings. To think that this is strictly a "Catholic" problem is to be living with a closed mind. It happens in all religions.

How many pastors have you heard of in other denominations taking "advantage" of one of their parishoners? Whether it be a child or an adult. Locally or Nationally. Ever here of Jerry Fallwell? How many times does he have to fall on his face and get accepted back? Jim Baker? Granted it's not reported on like this has been, and MAY not be on this scale, but it DOES happen.

Now, I am in NO WAY taking up for the Catholic church, but could it be they are being singled out because of their stance on Abortion? Just a question.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
I have to say, as a Catholic, this is all VERY disturbing, dispicable and anything else you want to say about it. I went to a Catholic school for 9yrs and was an altar boy for about 7 or 8 in the 60's and 70's and personally never had a problem. I do think it is "unnatural" to ask someone, male or female, to be celibate for their entire life, which I think leads to some of these types of problems.

I am not a "practicing" Catholic, I have disagreed with ALOT of the way they do things. Their are alot of reasons for this, but it is a loooonnngggg and sordid story.

My question is, is why is the Catholic church being brought to the forefront with all of this? Is it becuase they are suppose to be so "pure"? Aren't we ALL sinners? Human beings are going to be Human beings. To think that this is strictly a "Catholic" problem is to be living with a closed mind. It happens in all religions.

How many pastors have you heard of in other denominations taking "advantage" of one of their parishoners? Whether it be a child or an adult. Locally or Nationally. Ever here of Jerry Fallwell? How many times does he have to fall on his face and get accepted back? Jim Baker? Granted it's not reported on like this has been, and MAY not be on this scale, but it DOES happen.

Now, I am in NO WAY taking up for the Catholic church, but could it be they are being singled out because of their stance on Abortion? Just a question.
Their stance on abortion has nothing to do with it. But, their stance on their priests being celibate has everything to do with it, when you ad in the ones that molest children. For those lay people that molest children, there is a trial, sentencing, and time served in prison. But, a priest that is supposed to be celibate is found to have molested children, and he's transferred to a different parish.

Now, Jim Baker, on the other hand, wrote the "eleventh commandment". "Thou shalt not touch thy rod to thy staff." Those he was involved with were adults, and members of his staff. As far as I know, he did nothing with children.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Their stance on abortion has nothing to do with it. But, their stance on their priests being celibate has everything to do with it, when you ad in the ones that molest children. For those lay people that molest children, there is a trial, sentencing, and time served in prison. But, a priest that is supposed to be celibate is found to have molested children, and he's transferred to a different parish.

Now, Jim Baker, on the other hand, wrote the "eleventh commandment". "Thou shalt not touch thy rod to thy staff." Those he was involved with were adults, and members of his staff. As far as I know, he did nothing with children.
Good point about them being transferred. If they are guilty that should be it. You are ex-communicated and prosecuted. My point with Baker and Falwell was just that their are bad guy's anywhere you go.

Like I had said previously, their are LOTS of things I don't agree with the Catholic Church on and that is why I'm not a "practicing" Catholic.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Default just pray...........

In the End…

In The End My Immaculate Heart Will Triumph

My Immaculate Heart will Triumph.

This is the hope that Our Lady gave to us at Fatima. The hope is that no matter how bad things get, we have the promise that her Immaculate Heart will triumph. As the battle for life, unity, truth, goodness, and beauty heats up and becomes a raging fire, the Mother of the Lord in battle array leads the forces of Her Son against the forces of darkness. Her Immaculate Heart, where She conceived Jesus before conceiving Him in Her womb, is the safe refuge for those that fight the good fight. In the end, Jesus will share the victory with His Mother, she who was with Him from beginning to end. Her Immaculate Heart, beating one with the Sacred Heart of Jesus, will triumph over the tidal wave of sin, darkness, and evil that is even now sweeping over all the earth. God Bless,
Father John Corapi

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 04-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Senior Board Member

YouTube - Homily March 18, 2010: Fr. John Corapi

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 04-15-2010, 03:16 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - There he was, five decades later, the priest who had raped Joe Callander in Massachusetts. The photo in the Roman Catholic newsletter showed him with a smile across his wrinkled face, near-naked Amazon Indian children in his arms and at his feet.The Rev. Mario Pezzotti was working with children and supervising other priests in Brazil.
It's not an isolated example.
Predator priests shuffled around globe - World Faith- msnbc.com