User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Are you awake yet?

Ever had this happen to you? I had a four stop load of bubble wrap for portland area. I get to stop 2, Unisource, go in and told to back up to door 28. I'm the only one there at 6am. So I do all the usual stuff, open doors, check set up angle, make sure there's no chocks to run over. Back up to door, set brakes, turn off engine and lock the door to go inside to help unload. When I get inside, I go over to door 28 and look out the window of the door and my truck and trailer is gone. Whoa! I'm not sure I'm fully awake yet, but I look out the other windows and see I'm in door 27! So I've made this mistake before. It can cause a problem getting your bol back at some receivers. Anyway, I go back outside to move the truck and sure enough, I'm in door 28. Wierd I'm thinking to myself. I go back in and catch up with the only warehouseman around and ask him if I'm seeing things and where can I get a cup of coffee to wake up. He starts laughing on the way to the coffee pot, and explains that the painter was doing the door numbers inside and counted a door that's never been numbered before. OK, I am awake.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Board Icon

The painter must have done a #13 while the warehouse doesn't use that number since it's unlucky.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Board Icon

That would be weird.
I wonder how many other times that has happened at that warehouse.

http://watsonsysco.com/