User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default United Truck Group

Anyone have any info on United Truck Group in Gulfport,MS. I am thinking of buying a truck and was looking at there trucks. My credit is not the best, but I don't want to be taken either.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Senior Board Member

*bump*

I'd like some info on them too.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Either of you try the Internet? I hear it's starting to catch on . .

United Truck Group
Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
Either of you try the Internet? I hear it's starting to catch on . .

United Truck Group
Thats funny, you should become a comedian. :roll:

The question was....

Does anyone know anything ABOUT them... as in... "has anyone done business with them and are they reputable?"
Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Senior Board Member

I always wonder about the EZ credit types. In CA lots of those types are the sleazy ones.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon View Post
I always wonder about the EZ credit types. In CA lots of those types are the sleazy ones.
I'm thinking that a lot of dealers are going to be pushing to sell used trucks more and more. If I were a few years younger, I would not be interested in buying a used truck anymore. In a few more years, you'll have very limited use of it because of the EPA regs that will require you to retro-fit that older truck. Spending $30,000 to upgrade a $20,000 truck just doesn't make any sense to me. Then, even with a nice new truck... To have to spend $1000 to have it professionally cleaned to maintain the "CERTIFIED CLEAN IDLE", doesn't seem worth it anymore. And, I've heard a number of other guys that had thought about buying, saying about the same thing. EPA regs are knocking the bottom out of the used truck market, and dealers are going to be facing losing money on them. They want to get rid of them.

I know a couple of drivers with BAD credit that had no problem buying a used truck. Many of us see it as, you're not going to be able to keep a used truck on the road long enough to make it worth it, and the new trucks are going to be "AN INVESTMENT".

Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
I'm thinking that a lot of dealers are going to be pushing to sell used trucks more and more. If I were a few years younger, I would not be interested in buying a used truck anymore. In a few more years, you'll have very limited use of it because of the EPA regs that will require you to retro-fit that older truck. Spending $30,000 to upgrade a $20,000 truck just doesn't make any sense to me. Then, even with a nice new truck... To have to spend $1000 to have it professionally cleaned to maintain the "CERTIFIED CLEAN IDLE", doesn't seem worth it anymore. And, I've heard a number of other guys that had thought about buying, saying about the same thing. EPA regs are knocking the bottom out of the used truck market, and dealers are going to be facing losing money on them. They want to get rid of them.

I know a couple of drivers with BAD credit that had no problem buying a used truck. Many of us see it as, you're not going to be able to keep a used truck on the road long enough to make it worth it, and the new trucks are going to be "AN INVESTMENT".
I thought 2004 or 2005 (cant remember the year) and newer trucks were emissions OK until 2013 and 2010 trucks or newer required after 2023? Thats just in California so they should be legal even longer in the rest of the country.

Or did I read this wrong..
Subject Top Page: On-Road Heavy-Duty Diesel Vehicles (In-Use) Regulation
Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidsporty View Post
Thats funny, you should become a comedian. :roll:

The question was....

Does anyone know anything ABOUT them... as in... "has anyone done business with them and are they reputable?"
Like the comedian said . . try the Internet. Google "united truck group, discussion".

You'll find at least 4 ongoing discussions. In usual trucker fashion, the neophyte speculators have nothing but bad things to say about them. The people who (say they) are actually doing business with them seem to be happy, for the most part.

The biggest pitfall that I can see is their size. Repairs are a good deal if you can get the truck back to their MS location. Otherwise, good luck. The best advice I read was to go with Ryder or Penske with a national service network. Nobody mentioned whether they require a credit check, though.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Like the comedian said . . try the Internet.
I did try the internet... I tried classadrivers.com I've learned a lot from this site over the past 4+ years and its always the first place I go to find the information I seek.

Quote:
In usual trucker fashion, the neophyte speculators have nothing but bad things to say about them. The people who (say they) are actually doing business with them seem to be happy, for the most part.

The biggest pitfall that I can see is their size. Repairs are a good deal if you can get the truck back to their MS location. Otherwise, good luck. The best advice I read was to go with Ryder or Penske with a national service network. Nobody mentioned whether they require a credit check, though.
Useful, practical answers... very refreshing. That was the reply I (and I'm sure the OP) was looking for. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Rookie

United Truck Group? RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can. We had a driver who got a truck from them in January and even though all his payments were current (we were sending payments for him from his settlements via wire transfer) they REPOSSESSED his truck. He was also told that he only needed $6500 down, but this was a case of bait and switch, he wound up giving them almost $10,000 down. The truck he went to get was not even on the lot EVER!

Also the trucks they advertise are 95% inaccurate. They are currently under investigation by the MS Attorney General's Office for deceptive business practices and false advertising.

For more information please email us at [email protected].