User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Nice way to wake me up!

I was sleeping like a baby, at our Houston yard, when I felt something shake my truck. Opening my eyes, I saw that my feet were much higher than my head. I jumped up, slid open the curtains and all I saw was a truck pulling slowly away. I climbed out to find out what happened & get his truck number. Well, he sees me heading towards him and jumps out proclaming - I didn't hit you, I didn't hit you, I thought I did, because I was so close. He said that exact phrase 3 or 4 times. I said - trust me, you hit me, because it felt as though my truck was gonna flip.

So after checking the damage, I casually stroll over to his truck. I ask him - are you lucky enough to drive this nice new truck everyday? He says - yeah, they gave it to me last month, when I flipped my 2,000,000 safe mile for them. Sure enough, he had a huge decal stating that fact, on both sides of the truck.

Due to the body damage, it had to be reported.

Grr, they just finished loading me.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildK9 View Post
I was sleeping like a baby, at our Houston yard, when I felt something shake my truck. Opening my eyes, I saw that my feet were much higher than my head. I jumped up, slid open the curtains and all I saw was a truck pulling slowly away. I climbed out to find out what happened & get his truck number. Well, he sees me heading towards him and jumps out proclaming - I didn't hit you, I didn't hit you, I thought I did, because I was so close. He said that exact phrase 3 or 4 times. I said - trust me, you hit me, because it felt as though my truck was gonna flip.

So after checking the damage, I casually stroll over to his truck. I ask him - are you lucky enough to drive this nice new truck everyday? He says - yeah, they gave it to me last month, when I flipped my 2,000,000 safe mile for them. Sure enough, he had a huge decal stating that fact, on both sides of the truck.

Due to the body damage, it had to be reported.

Grr, they just finished loading me.

:clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Whatta way to end a hot streak! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Really..........that isn't funny at all. Glad you are personally alright K-9. Hope your truck gets fixed...............or is that a company ride??
Old 02-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Board Icon

Guess he thought you were a moron like that Troll said you were. Not like you would notice half your cab torn up which wasn't like that a few minutes prior.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post

:clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Whatta way to end a hot streak! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Really..........that isn't funny at all. Glad you are personally alright K-9. Hope your truck gets fixed...............or is that a company ride??
Thanks! Its a company ride. Personally, I feel for that driver. That's what can happen when you get too comfortable & take shortcuts.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Guess he thought you were a moron like that Troll said you were. Not like you would notice half your cab torn up which wasn't like that a few minutes prior.
Yeah, I was thinking about that-what was he thinking? That maybe, no one was inside, or maybe they slept through it. Its like I'm 6 feet under when I sleep. I can't hear a screaming meanie
, but let a feather drop on the hood and I'm up.

Maybe he thought he could pull away unnoticed, if he was quick enough. I don't know?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildK9 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about that-what was he thinking? That maybe, no one was inside, or maybe they slept through it. Its like I'm 6 feet under when I sleep. I can't hear a screaming meanie
, but let a feather drop on the hood and I'm up.

Maybe he thought he could pull away unnoticed, if he was quick enough. I don't know?
I have seen where drivers have done exactly that. One in Jessup, MD did drive away, but my wife was sitting in our truck, almost directly across from it, and trying out our brand new digital camera.

We found one picture before the guy started pulling out of the parking space. She had one where the guy stopped and stuck his head out the window, with a great shot of his face. And, a few shots that showed the damage as it was happening.

The guy did drive away, but we downloaded the pics into the computer, and printed up a whole set. Stuck them into a zip-lock bag, and put them under the wiperblade of the damaged truck. You could see in the pics that at first, everything had to be intact. The next one showed the fender and bumper falling to the ground, the 3rd, showing the fender and bumper laying on the ground, the 4th, showing the face of the guy that did it, and the 5th showing him driving away from the scene. It had to suck to be him when the cops got a look at who left the scene.

Another time, in Fremont, IN, I got to see a bobtail back into a parked J B Hunt truck. The J B driver and his wife were in the Petro (which I did not know at he time). I saw it was going to happpen, and blew my air-horn. I could not believe the guy just kept on backing up until he hit J B. There was no real damage to JB's truck, other than scraping the paint on the bumper, but I did get a pic of the paint hanging off the back of the guys frame. JB got the pics of it all when he came back, and since the guy that backed into him realized he'd been seen, he did not try to leave.

So, a word of advice to anyone that reads this... If you have the misfortune of hitting someone in a parking lot, you may be far better off the admit you misjudged and take your licks. Leave the scene, and you could find that you should have smiled for the camera. Leaving the scene in a parking lot carries the same penalty as on the highway.

10 years ago, I heard a driver (with a foreign accent) state that "one more accident and I lose my job". Today, with the driver and job situation, don't plan on "one more accident". 10 years ago, leaving the scene of an accident would lose your job for you. Do you really want to find out what kind of reward you get for it today?