User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Liberals are the first to place blame for their failure on others and the last to take responsibility for their actions. It is always someone else's fault. With all of our money that Obama and his liberal accomplices have spent they still want to blame Bush. It doesn't seem to matter that the democrats were in control of the houses during the last 2 years of Bush's term. They don't like to publicize that fact. People seem to forget that it is congress that controls the purse strings. It was Barney Frank and company (democrats) that created the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco. Of course, it is all still Bush's fault. I think that most American's are awakening to the truth.
I'm just going to stick with the mantra that any main party will be screwed so long as those comprising it are all predominantly from the legal field.
Shuffling papers and looking at powerpoint presentations all day means nothing for everyone else.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I'm just going to stick with the mantra that any main party will be screwed so long as those comprising it are all predominantly from the legal field.
Shuffling papers and looking at powerpoint presentations all day means nothing for everyone else.

There are too many lawyers who hold legislative office. They seem to be there more for their own benefit than the people whom they are supposed to represent. Just looking at how they have attempted to ram this health care tax down our throat that no one wants is just one example. I would like to see something put on the national ballot which would prevent any lawyer from running for legislative office. It is a conflict of interest. We need average people who would be willing to go to Washington to represent us for a couple of terms and then go home. There should be no taxpayer funded retirement for them. Salaries should be reduced and public housing such as that offered for our military would make it much easier for them to live and not soak the taxpayers for unbelievable retirement and salaries. In fact, salaries should be set by each state. If the state from which these representatives came from actually paid them they would not be able to give themselves a raise. It would also help them to be more accountable to the taxpayers. There is corruption in both parties. Only by getting the people involved will we have any hope of change. I am not talking about the change of Obama. I am talking about going back to a constitutional government where we each take responsibility for ourselves and our families. The government would primarily be responsible for national security and protecting our borders. We should be able to reduce the size of our government by at least 2/3. Taxes would go down and productivity would go up. There are so many people who receive some benefit from the government that I am not sure this is even possible.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Board Icon

Totally agree with that setiment Gman. My father-in-law wants to one day run for the Presidential office, he knows it's a pipe dream but one day he'd like to get on the ballot. He currently is on the School Board. Mother-in-law ran for US Senate, 2nd District of Ohio in the last election, 2006. She got stomped but it was their first foray into actually running for a big office. Father-in-law reminds me a lot of how Gman is on many issue's. There are a lot of things he would change but he realize's he's only 1 man and that the President themself can't change a lot of what they want to change. All you have to look at is Obama as a prime example, if Congress isn't willing to work with you your changes have no chance.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Something to keep in mind is that every major movement started with one man (or woman). When I grew up we studied the Bible in grammar or elementary school. One woman, Madelin O'Hara, forced our schools to take Bible out of our schools. She convinced enough of our legislators and courts that it is unconstitutional to teach the Bible or study God's word in our schools. She was an atheist. She convinced much of this country that there was a separation of Church and state in the constitution and that it would violate the constitution if it were allowed. Since that time just having a nativity scene has been considered a violation of the constitution. Some people are now afraid to say Merry Christmas. Instead they say happy holidays. This started with one individual. It changed America. And the basis was false. There is not a separation of church and state in the U.S. Constitution. However, I would wager that if you asked 10 people if there is a separation of church and state in the constitution that 9 out of 10 would say that it does exist. Since the study of our Bible has been taken out of our schools this country has steadily declined in our morals. You can't even pray or say God's name in a public school or ball game without experiencing the wrath of the government who has now decided that it is unconstitutional to acknowledge God. Never mind that this nation was founded on Christian principles with the founders coming to this new world to have freedom of religion.

The point is that one person can make a difference and change the way people look at the world and what they believe. I would urge your father in law to pursue his dream of running for public office. He might consider running for state legislator or congress, build a track record and then work his way up to the presidency. Every journey begins with one step.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Something to keep in mind is that every major movement started with one man (or woman). When I grew up we studied the Bible in grammar or elementary school. One woman, Madelin O'Hara, forced our schools to take Bible out of our schools. She convinced enough of our legislators and courts that it is unconstitutional to teach the Bible or study God's word in our schools. She was an atheist. She convinced much of this country that there was a separation of Church and state in the constitution and that it would violate the constitution if it were allowed. Since that time just having a nativity scene has been considered a violation of the constitution. Some people are now afraid to say Merry Christmas. Instead they say happy holidays. This started with one individual. It changed America. And the basis was false. There is not a separation of church and state in the U.S. Constitution. However, I would wager that if you asked 10 people if there is a separation of church and state in the constitution that 9 out of 10 would say that it does exist. Since the study of our Bible has been taken out of our schools this country has steadily declined in our morals. You can't even pray or say God's name in a public school or ball game without experiencing the wrath of the government who has now decided that it is unconstitutional to acknowledge God. Never mind that this nation was founded on Christian principles with the founders coming to this new world to have freedom of religion.

The point is that one person can make a difference and change the way people look at the world and what they believe. I would urge your father in law to pursue his dream of running for public office. He might consider running for state legislator or congress, build a track record and then work his way up to the presidency. Every journey begins with one step.
Not much of a church-goer myself, but I'm never bothered by anyone wanting to pray, or praise the Lord.
I do get bothered by the militant Atheists who think I'm on their side, but then get all bent out of shape when I say, "It's just a cross, it's not gonna bite you." whenever those "hill-top crosses" come into the mix.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It has never made sense to me for people to attack those who believe in God. Those who do profess a belief in God tend to lead more righteous lives and don't go around killing and destroying lives. Nor do they go around stealing, taking or selling drugs. Even if you don't believe in God there is no reason to attack those who do. Whether you believe in God or not this country was a much better place to live when most of America professed a belief in God. We had less crime and people tended to accept responsibility for their actions. Today, that is not true. People would rather blame others for their short comings or sins than themselves.