User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2002, 11:43 PM
blucaddy71
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just registered on the site and thought I would take the time to do this. My name is Gregg and I, too, am dissatified with my current employer and have been shopping the net. I have visited here in the past but did not register until today. I am from St. Louis, Mo. and have about 7 years driving experience. Married with a 25 year daughter. Hope to find a company running out of the area that respects a driver and allows them the freedom of speech that I currently am not getting where I am. That's about it---Drive Safe!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_0756.jpg (94.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-10-2002, 12:27 PM
classa

blucaddy71,

Welcome to the forums. You will find that you have freedom of speech here, as long as you also remember to respect your fellow forum members.

I have been to St Louis on several occasions (ball games) and think that it is an awesome place to live, and or visit.

I don't know that we have any St Louis based carriers running locally that are hiring from our web site, but we do have several carriers hiring from Missouri.

You can give our online application a try at http://www.classadrivers.com/cadap1.htm and see what kind of offers you get. Maybe one of our clients will be the carrier you are looking for.

Once again, welcome to the forums and we hope you stick around for a little while.

:aktion057:
Old 03-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Anonymous

I found this by fooling around while waiting to deliver to Wal-mart in Woodland,Pa.(I'm sure most of us have either been there or have heard the stories about there. My name is Bill but I prefer to be called by my handle.That's SUBZERO. I've been in trucking since "92" and with all the companies i've worked for, I would have to say that the grass isn't any greener on the other side of the fence. I have a lovely wife and daughter and they are happy to see me when iI go home but they have their own lives and i think that the only reason we're still married other than the love we have for each other is the sanity she keeps by not having me around all the time. I have no pets and if I could I would get a mini doberman.I think them dogs are funny. They have to be mean to make up for their size. I don't really have a life outside of trucking. When I do get home there just isn't enough time to do anything other than visit my parents and such.Sounds pretty sad don't it?? oh well, you have to be careful what you wish for,you might just get it. On the bright side,I just got to put in my order for a brand new 2002 Freightliner Classic XL.ooh wee...Ijust like to chat with iother people about absolutely nothing thats what brings me here.Don't have a laptop yet but I'm working on it. Thats about it for me.Oh yeah B4 I forget i'm currently getting my 1986 Shelby Charger back on the road after being in storage for the past 3 1/2 years. That's the other woman in my life...
Old 03-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Bluegrass Iceman

I've been driving for 11/2 years, and still looking for the right company to make my roots at.I've been with a few co. just to find out I had been lied to. I want to find the right co. that will tell me straight up hows its gonna be and don't change their mind down the road.I like to stay out 3 or 4 weeks at a time,I work hard and stay until the job gets done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FUNNY5.jpg (23.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 04-06-12_1102.jpg (27.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 09-12-12_Beaver,UT 2.jpg (19.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 09-25-11_Scale Portland,Or2.jpg (19.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 031514 March WorkOut.jpg (88.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 031514 WorkOut5.jpg (91.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 071213 Colton,Cali load...jpg (86.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Me and Missy.jpg (18.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg missy7.jpg (10.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2002, 03:20 AM
Anonymous

:aktion069.gif: Hi, my name is Steve and just recently found this site. I'm a driver looking for a truck and a good company to work for. I've been out of the industry for about 2 yrs. but really wanting to get back out there. I hope I can find a company to overlook the down time, but am willing to do what it takes to get back out. It's nice to actually have a site like this one for drivers to say hi and look for work. Thanks. Steve :aktion057:
Old 04-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hello to all,i'm robert(33)out of humble,t.x. just north of houston. i love my nascar and my astros, but can't forget about my wife and two little girls 8 and 4. drove for harold ives back in 96'.

would love to drive again,maybe one day. i work at the port of houston (shipping-n-recieving
:aktion041: ) for v.w.of america. that's about all from my side. :aktion066.gif:
if anybody ever gets down this far, look me up,i'll be around.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:17 PM
Board Regular

My names Fran, I recently found this site. I live in Oneonta, Alabama and drive for Boyd Bros. Pulling a flatbed is alot of work when it comes to tarping, but it beats unloading a 53ft. reefer full of produce. I'm fairly happy with the company I work for, but I would jump at the chance to get into a day-cab and spend the evenings and weekends at home with the wife. I've been driving for about 5 yrs. and love it. Just a little burned-out never being home. :aktion081:
Old 04-05-2002, 05:13 AM
Anonymous

Hello,I would like to introduce myself.My Name is otis.This is the first time i've ever used a computer.I started around 5 this morning,it's now 2300hrs,I think I just about got it figured out. I'm at the present time unemployed,looking for a job as solo or co-driver that will run me 48 states.I have 2yrs an 6 months exp.would rather work for a owner operator than one of these big companies. I'm single with no kids,an I love being a trk driver.I just went through an expensive divorce,so it may be a little while before I can get my own trk.I hope I get a chance to speak to everybody,this is pretty cool. :aktion035:
Old 04-05-2002, 05:42 AM
Rookie

Hi all, :aktion066.gif:
My name is Chilibowl. I'm 39, married, no kids and two dogs. My dog "Sparky" goes with me in the truck and her dog "Noodles" stay's home to watch the front door. I've been driving for about 12 years now. I've been running local and Texas for the last year now because the wife had stomach surgery. She's much better and back at work. (She works for HEB) I'm sure ya'll know of that company, but for those of you who don't, it's a grocery store chain. We Live in Humble, Texas. I finally found an owner operator to run with. I wish I could say I found him off of this board but I didn't. He has a driver running through Houston and he'll pick me up along the way. I'll be driving a 93 volvo or a 94 International. Don't know which one yet. I'll probably pick the one with the biggest sleeper. So there will be plenty of room when the wife rides along. I'm looking forward to stopping by some of my old hangouts to see what's ben happening with eveybody. I'll be pulling a flat bed around the Southeastern and Central states.
I'm going to have to buy a laptop so I can stay in touch. That will be a new aspect of my driving I've never experienced. It will be interesting to see if the computer will make my routing easier. If you hear the handle ChiliBowl out there, yell a howdy do. Good luck to everybody
:aktion035: :aktion066.gif:
Old 04-05-2002, 10:24 AM
classa

chilibowl, otis, silver bullet, heavenbound, steve-nt2ld, Bluegrass Iceman, subzero870,.......

Did I get everyone???

Welcome to the forums. Sorry for not taking the time earlier to make you feel welcome, but believe me when I say you are welcome here in our forums. I appreciate every one taking the time to introduce themselves.

If you have any questions about the features of this board, or about our website, post them here or use your messenger (link up top) and I will try to answer them.

Once again, welcome to our forums!! :aktion066.gif:

:aktion057: