User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default about me

I'm a newbie to this forum, but from what I have seen it's very interesting. My name is Ed and i'm a recent gradute of a driving school. I'm 52 yrs. old been married for 34 yrs. I retired from a steel mill in Ohio with a little over 30 yrs service. Just starting to get my feet wet in the trucking industry. I have 3 children and 7 grand children. My wife and I thought that trucking would be the best way to see the country. Since all of our family is grown and have families of thier own.

I've seen alot of useful information in this forum. As far as things to know about hiring companys, qualifications,and general info. I'm glad we found this site to help us in our dicissions.

Keep up the good work and Thank you
Old 02-19-2004, 10:00 PM

Well my name is Eric and I"m the epitome of Murphy's Law...."What can happen , Will" and usually in short order.....but anyways.......not currently driving just trying to deal with a divorce and see my son....when I'm not stuck 2states away...(see other post)......anyways.....take care all...and dont let these kinds of probs happen to you :cry:
Old 03-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Rookie

Hello my name is Dawn and Im 35 from Wv. I found this site by browsing.Got some interesting stuff in it .I have been driving for 14yrs 7 of it flatbed.Currently unemployed looking for an east coast job were I can get home wnkds. My husband is a o/o and we tried going team the last couple of months but it was to crowded for two people and Im ready to go back company driver.When your use to doing it yourself Its pretty hard to do it with somenone else. :D
Old 03-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Rookie

hey all
i go by stickerbush,,,years of running hounds,name fit
I live in the buckeye and still running all 48.
I found this site while surfing the net,looked interesting and seems to be that,..................stay safe
Old 04-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Rookie

I too just found this while searching the web. Actually my son asked me to look here because he heard that is father just got hired by the swift company as a driver. He has been waiting for weeks... probably months for a phone call from him. After talking to his grandparents he asked me to come to this web site and see if I could find anything about his dad. I am not going to tell you anything about me except I am the mother and the ex wife of one of your new possible drivers. I am not looking for anything for my self but I am looking for my son and 2 daughters. This man I am talking about is the type that will blow off his daughter's high school graduation, and he has another daughter graduating high school in May. And he has his olderst daughter wedding in Oct. I would like to find this person to remind him of his fatherly duties if nothing else. I also posted on the message board under anything goes as to his name, possible nick he might use and the place he moved from.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Welcome forum

Hello all,

I am Jason, these forums are a great source of info. I like Class A Drivers.com, its a great site.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Rookie

Howdy Folks.

I'm new to the site and just thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Gypsy to everyone except my mother, who just can't seem to let go of that damn birth name she gave me.

I'm a single daddy with custody, in school for my CDL's, and just checking out the business to see all the things involved that they don't teach you in a classroom.

I'm looking forward to a long career of getting yelled at by shipping/receiving clerks and cut off by enraged soccer moms.

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Rookie
Default just saying howdy

hi my name is lyndon raaum i am 37yo with a wife and son (3 cats and a dust mop we call a dog) i live in waseca minnesota.
i have been interested in trucking all my life and this last feb 18th i got my CDL after a 2 week school (sun prarie wis) and i will start with transport america may 3rd.
i am verry much looking foward to it not looking foward to being away from my wife and son but this is the life we chose right??i have been working in factorys for the last 6 years and i am going to be glad for the job change good luck to all and safe runs all arround hope to meet some of you on the road my handle is minnasnowda hillbilly :wink: later , lyn
Old 04-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Rookie

Hey there, all.

My name's Eric, and I'm out of Lincoln, Nebraska.

I don't drive truck, but I'm really toying with the idea of getting into driving.

My brother drives a brand new Mack for Sampson Construction here in town, and he loves it. $16-something an hour, and home every night. He told me that he could make about $6 more an hour running equipment, but that the equipment "kicks your ass" and you go home feeling like "fido's ass."

I've been in love with everything with a motor since I was about three, and the thought of driving for a living has always intrigued me.

I know it's not a bed of roses, and can at times be a real pain, but I'm still interested in driving.

Trouble is, I make pretty decent money working for the Nebraska Supreme Court on the computers, and a large step down in pay along with being away from home more might really cause a crimp in my marriage and my relationship with my baby.

I am one of those rare types, like most of you, who actually pays attention to what's going on on the road. I use my signals religiously, adjust and use my mirrors exactly as I should, and I anticipate my movements so that it's the safest possible environment for me and the vehicles around me.

I've been of the opinion for a long time that insurance should be higher for the soccer mom who's tailgating in her 6,000-lb SUV while doing her makeup than it is for a 16-year-old kid fresh out of driver's training, as well as the blue-haired senior who can't see over the wheel and is positive that he/she owns the road.

I thought about posting a Pro/Con post to the board to get feedback from all you drivers out there as to whether or not driving would be the thing for me. I'm interested to know the pitfalls, what to look out for, what's fair when asking for loads, and money - those sorts of things.

Anyway, I love reading this board and hope to talk to as many of you as I can through the course of reading it!

BTW, is there anywhere on the web a guy can find out how to be better on the radio? I love the convenience of a CB, but I hate sounding as "green" as I am.

Have a great one!
Old 04-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Rookie

Hello to all,

New member and new cdl holder. I can not say that i am a truck driver yet since i did not drive one except in cdl school.