User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

bah, don't sweat it. I see way more werner drivers do that menuver than anyone else. Unfortunately I am prety sure it has something to do with the paperless logs. I try and start looking for a place to park, if there isn't parking at the first ts I move to the next one down the road, usualy w/in the hour I'll find a spot, even at 2 am. If the pull in and thier qualcom says they need to stop, they have no choice, stop or be in violation. Now I know by me hoping from ts to ts looking for a spot I'm out of hours but I also know once I'm in my bunk I don't have to wory about someone knocking on my door telling me to move or to get off the property.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Board Regular

Fredog, you don't know how many days i wish i had a camera to catch stupid crap like that. I run along 10 in north florida all week, and our fuel stop is at the 142 mile marker, TA, i don't know if you've ever been through there, but they just reconfigured it with new pumps, and scales. You exit between the pumps and the scales, i can't count how many times I've seen Werner drivers parked alongside the scale and the outer most pump, allowing only one way in and out of the parking lot. I'm not picking on Werner, but this is a major stop for their Dollar General drivers, and they are the most frequent violators. I can see where you're frustrated, how about a pic of your truck, in the spot mirror it looks pretty sharp
Old 10-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millersod215 View Post
Fredog, you don't know how many days i wish i had a camera to catch stupid crap like that. I run along 10 in north florida all week, and our fuel stop is at the 142 mile marker, TA, i don't know if you've ever been through there, but they just reconfigured it with new pumps, and scales. You exit between the pumps and the scales, i can't count how many times I've seen Werner drivers parked alongside the scale and the outer most pump, allowing only one way in and out of the parking lot. I'm not picking on Werner, but this is a major stop for their Dollar General drivers, and they are the most frequent violators. I can see where you're frustrated, how about a pic of your truck, in the spot mirror it looks pretty sharp

since you asked, here you go... the daytime picture was before a kid hit me and tore my bumper off, he did me a real favor, he got to pay for it

I understand that sometimes you have to make due, but this truck stop was only maybe 1/2 full
whenever I run 10, I always try to stop at Jimmies, always parking and the best hamburgers around

Last edited by Fredog; 10-19-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
yea well, you cant see the drive right in front of him where it makes a sharp curve but since you werent there, I'm sure you know more about it than I do.
I knew better than to post it, that is the new trucker thinking, F** the no parking signs, F** the other drivers, I'm parking where I want to!
Pay attention fred, what i said was "from what i can see"....... How do you know he was a "new trucker"????? And yes we can see the curve to the right near the enterance.

Last edited by freebirdrfd; 10-19-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
Pay attention fred, what i said was "from what i can see"....... How do you know he was a "new trucker"?????
I dont mean "new" trucker thinking, I mean new "trucker" thinking
anyway, it made a sharp curve and the trucks coming in couldnt get over to the their right to make the swing because the outgoing trucks couldnt get to the left because Mr lazy was parked there, maybe I should take video next time, to show it better, anyway, nothing personal.. just venting..
by the way, they had some of the best steak and shrimp I ever had on the buffet. and yes, I washed my hands

Last edited by Fredog; 10-19-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Senior Board Member

:thumbsup:
Quote:
I dont mean "new" trucker thinking, I mean new "trucker" thinking
anyway, it made a sharp curve and the trucks coming in couldnt get over to the their right to make the swing because the outgoing trucks couldnt get to the left because Mr lazy was parked there, maybe I should take video next time, to show it better, anyway, nothing personal.. just venting..
by the way, they had some of the best steak and shrimp I ever had on the buffet. and yes, I washed my hands
venting is good. p.s. so is washing your hands :thumbsup:
Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
I got there Friday night shortly before he did, and there were many many spots open, he didnt even look, just made a u turn and parked there, ( you cant see the no parking sign right in front of him in the picture) when I was leaving saturday morning, I noticed he was still there, so I took the picture to share with everyone
Okay.... guilty as charged! I was just 'wonderin.'

So, are YOU in the last spot on the left facing the pumps? Or are you the guy NEXT to the pumps? :lol2::lol2:

Just razzin' ya! I KNOW you wouldn't do such a thing! I wonder if there's something to that "paperless log" qualcom "gotcha" theory??

Man.... I'll never drive with big brother down MY back like that!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Okay.... guilty as charged! I was just 'wonderin.'

So, are YOU in the last spot on the left facing the pumps? Or are you the guy NEXT to the pumps? :lol2::lol2:

Just razzin' ya! I KNOW you wouldn't do such a thing! I wonder if there's something to that "paperless log" qualcom "gotcha" theory??

Man.... I'll never drive with big brother down MY back like that!
actually, I parked at the last spot on the end so a reefer wouldnt get on my left side, they seem to be attracted to my truck
Old 10-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

People do some weird stuff when it comes to parking in the day time. Two weeks ago in Pa. I watched a guy make 5 pull ups to get into a space that was 4 spaces wide. When he got out and looked he was parked diagnally across the two middle spaces. He got out, looked, locked the doors and walked inside.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Board Regular

Fredog, you said you stop at Jimmies, is that the Red Onion Grill, i run between tallahassee and dothan, so i don't ever go that far east but I've heard talk that they have some killer burgers, they're right across from the new Loves right?