User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default XM Radio's??

Anybody has any suggestions for a XM radio.. i'm looking around and see a couple i like but im going to have to play it through an transmitter since i dont have a AUX jack and really don't think the company is going to take time out to pull the radio out to put in one of those antenna adapters..

I'm getting tired of going through West Virginia with nothing to listen too lol
Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr View Post
Anybody has any suggestions for a XM radio.. i'm looking around and see a couple i like but im going to have to play it through an transmitter since i dont have a AUX jack and really don't think the company is going to take time out to pull the radio out to put in one of those antenna adapters..

I'm getting tired of going through West Virginia with nothing to listen too lol
XM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! You will still go through WV and not listen to anything. Get a MP3 player. Get an FM transmitter for it, Best Buy has a real good one. I dropped my XM last month and got an MP3. Best move I ever made.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

The FM transmitters are very erratic. Sometimes its a royal PIA trying to tune it in while moving thru different regions and cities. It can really piss you off and distract your driving. It takes away from the enjoyment level. If you're gonna get one I would strongly suggest trying to get a direct connection somehow. As far as listening to it goes I agree with DR on the MP3 but XM is just another way to break up the boredom. Its good if you like sports or talk radio. Music content is just OK and I mix it up with regular radio and MP3, whatever I'm in the mood for. I would get a XMP3 which combines the XM and the MP3 in one unit with a removeable 8g SD card. It will hold around 2000 songs plus you can also record off your XM. So if a song you like comes on the radio then push a button and it records it. Then you can make playlists that combine your MP3 music along with the recorded songs. Another option I'm currently experimenting with is just using my blackberry. It plugs in just like an MP3 and also holds 8g all in one with your phone. Sprint offers streaming music along with live Nascar and NFL. I've only had it a couple weeks but so far I'm liking it and I may just drop XM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Board Icon

I 2nd the MP3 way. I have about 700 songs on mine and so it can play non-stop for about 28 hours before it starts over again and it's only a 4GB one. The battery won't last 28 hours but that's ok with me. I got fed up with XM/Sirius and their prices along with the content being a joke, commerical free my rear. Once they merged it got worse IMO.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member

I drive through WV constantly and my XM works perfect here. In fact, I'm sitting just south of Flatwoods right now listening to it perfectly fine.

As for the connection, the direct connect antenna adapter takes all of 30 seconds to install - you can easily do it yourself. Pull the radio out, and plug in the adapter. You won't have any issues whatsoever with local radio stations bleeding through.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member

XM Satellite Radio at MyRadioStore - XM Radio Bundles - For Your Car - On Dash - Plug & Play - Audiovox Xpress Receiver & Car Kit (SureConnect)

thats the one i have. its cheap and easy to use. the sureconnect SUCKS! if your truck has a tape deck thats a easy fix. also i'd look in to this

XM Satellite Radio at MyRadioStore - FM Modulators - Refurbished Delphi FM Modulator
Old 10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Senior Board Member

i got an ipod but i LOVE fox sports talk radio and some espn news talk... i'm going to look and see if i can hook it up directly into the radio with out tearing up the dash.. I have an Volvo with no cassette player/cd player or aux jack.. anybody familiar how to pull it out??
Old 10-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
I drive through WV constantly and my XM works perfect here. In fact, I'm sitting just south of Flatwoods right now listening to it perfectly fine.

As for the connection, the direct connect antenna adapter takes all of 30 seconds to install - you can easily do it yourself. Pull the radio out, and plug in the adapter. You won't have any issues whatsoever with local radio stations bleeding through.
Drive from Farmington to Mannington and back and tell me how many times you lose signal. It's sad when I lose singal along that road but can pick up 100.1 out of Morgantown crystal clear.

Opps, forgot about 131 from 79 to Shinniston, 19 all over, parts of 79, 68, 218.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 10-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I 2nd the MP3 way. I have about 700 songs on mine and so it can play non-stop for about 28 hours before it starts over again and it's only a 4GB one. The battery won't last 28 hours but that's ok with me. I got fed up with XM/Sirius and their prices along with the content being a joke, commerical free my rear. Once they merged it got worse IMO.
Reason I got rid of it also. Had Sirius when they first started. Was good, then went downhill. Got XM, much better. Then the merger. Sirius all over again. Goodbye.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
Drive from Farmington to Mannington and back and tell me how many times you lose signal. It's sad when I lose singal along that road but can pick up 100.1 out of Morgantown crystal clear.

Opps, forgot about 131 from 79 to Shinniston, 19 all over, parts of 79, 68, 218.
I live in Mannington, so I know exactly what you mean. Keep in mind that you're driving along a cliff for about 1/2 of the drive along there, with trees hanging over as well. I smack my antennas all along there, especially after a nice heavy rain. Picking up a local station is completely different because it doesn't need a line of site like a satelite - local uses radio waves.