User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry 4 US Marines die

'We're pinned down': 4 U.S. Marines die in Afghan ambush - Yahoo! News

This just is a remake of an old movie...(Viet Nam)
I think it was a great story, and the author was removed from his embedded station for reporting the TRUTH!!!
My son is a Navy Corpsman with a Marine unit involved in this story. The corpsman who lost his life was my sons room mate back in Japan. He misses his brother! I don't know what to tell him, never been there, just listen to what he wants to tell me. There will be a lot of excuses for why the support (air, artillery) was not GIVEN!!! It was promised to them, but arrived to late! Guess they needed to check their rule books???
This is my opinion now, but thanks to the new way the so called Pres wants to wage this war, the rules of engagement have been changed. My son feels like they were left on their own! He said the f 15s were buzzing the hillsides and dropped no ordnance!!! The thing that bothers me most was when my boy left he was on a 50, and they were stoned when they left, and not with a left handed cig!!!
My sons FOB is mortared and attacked daily! FOZZY, how did you and your wife make it thru the days and nights when your boy was there? Like most drivers, I have so much time to live in my own mind, and I have always hated this!!! Prayers are always appreciated. Not for me, but the men and women who are in harms way!!! Time for bed, have to work tomorrow....
Old 09-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Board Icon

And you believe the account from a journalist who admits he was too scared to run for his life? Sounded to me like he was agrandising his situation. Don't really KNOW... but, I know B.S. when I hear it! :hellno:

Hmmm..... I THINK he was working up to a BOOK deal or something! :hellno:

But, beyond that... are you questioning the BUSH doctrine in Afghanistan... that Obama is continuing? .... and (Republican) Gates is responsible for?

Or are you just looking for a reason to blame Obama? :hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
And you believe the account from a journalist who admits he was too scared to run for his life? Sounded to me like he was agrandising his situation. Don't really KNOW... but, I know B.S. when I hear it! :hellno:

Hmmm..... I THINK he was working up to a BOOK deal or something! :hellno:

But, beyond that... are you questioning the BUSH doctrine in Afghanistan... that Obama is continuing? .... and (Republican) Gates is responsible for?

Or are you just looking for a reason to blame Obama? :hellno:
Hobo, you have no idea just how difficult it is for me to read some of these things, much less to try to respond to any of them. Fozzy's posts are no exception. And, then... To read your comment that seems to make light of the situation. If you were ever in any branch of service, then obviously, you were never in a situation where things, meant to do real damage to you, were flying around you.

Quote:
"Whatever we do always leaks," said Marine Lt. Ademola Fabayo , 28, a New Yorker who was born in Nigeria and is the operations officer for the trainers from the 3rd Marine Division . "You can't trust even some of their soldiers or officers."
Information in that part of the world has been leaking for more than 40 years that I know of. And, people have died because of that. Many people. It's far more than just a bit unsettling to hear your name, rank, and serial number being read over a bull-horn by an oriental accent... And, calling for you to surrender. When you see guys in your unit fall, it doesn't matter what your job is, of what theirs was. And, it really doesn't matter who's taking notes or how those notes are taken. It doesn't matter if you're too scared to run or just plain scared. And, I can imagine that a book deal would be a really fantastic thing, because it means you're actually going to survive.

Until you've personally had the bullets flying around you, you have absolutely no right to call B S on anything in a war zone. Yes, I did hear my name, rank, and serial number over that bull-horn. No, we did not surrender. Out of 32 of us, 2 made it back. Now,what's your PEDIGREE???

Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Board Icon

Oh, yes... And, Obama (One Big-A$$ Mistake America) has absolutely no experience in any branch of military, but he's the commander-in-chief of all the armed forces. So, you'd better believe he's making some very big mistakes in the war. The problem is that it's not like the Nintendo game he grew up with. You can't take "SUPER MARIO" back and do it over again to correct your mistakes.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Board Icon

Windwalker said:

Quote:
To read your comment that seems to make light of the situation.
I did not intend to "make light" of the situation. I merely questioned the accuracy of a report that read like a novel from someone who is trained as a journalist to JOURNALIZE!

Quote:
If you were ever in any branch of service, then obviously, you were never in a situation where things, meant to do real damage to you, were flying around you.
I had to laugh at this, because that is EXACTLY what happened. Mig 25's "flying all around us" so to speak. Did you know that the Mig 25 was the first Russian made fighter to be able to taxi, take off, climb to target, acquire the target, and fire its missiles without a SINGLE word spoken by the pilot or the controller? Did you know that A.F. reconnaissance planes are unarmed? Had it not been for the professionalism of the analysts on board, we wouldn't have known we were about to be attacked. The flight crew did an excellent job of flying evasive maneuvers, and finally Tomcats from the 6th fleet "coerced" the [Libyan] Migs to get off our tail.

We ALL returned. However, about a month before I arrived on station, we lost an entire crew of 16 men plus pilots to this kind of action. Every day I took off, I felt that I was being "watched" and you better believe that Markham weapons control signal was our top priority! BTW.... I had 3 such incidents IIRC during my tour there.

Now, probably not the same as YOUR pedigree. But, I'll stack it up against the wusses sitting behind a desk any day.

My point, once again, is that Obama is listening to the SAME military commanders, Defense Secretary, and CIA analysts that were in there under Dubya.

I'm tired of hearing that EVERY military snafu is HIS fault! I didn't place any blame on our troops.... but, if you'd LIKE me to discuss the failures of those on site to recognize obvious signs of an ambush.... I'll be happy to oblige!

And if you want to talk about why the air support wasn't there, we'll do that right after you explain why Dubya never supplied our troops with body armor!

Oh yeah..... and just HOW much experience did DUBYA have in the military? Or CHENEY, for that matter? I don't think you want to GO THERE!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 PM

Actually these four deaths are a DIRECT result of the Obama admin's new ROE.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
Actually these four deaths are a DIRECT result of the Obama admin's new ROE.
I'll have to read the story again. I don't remember hearing whether the marines were killed BEFORE or after air support COULD have gotten there.

And of course, there is proof that air support WOULD have absolutely prevented the deaths?

And WHO's ROE should we blame for the first 4500 deaths?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I'll have to read the story again. I don't remember hearing whether the marines were killed BEFORE or after air support COULD have gotten there.

And of course, there is proof that air support WOULD have absolutely prevented the deaths?

And WHO's ROE should we blame for the first 4500 deaths?
MY MY Your sure touchy about Obama! Or are you just a Bush hater?
BTW when I read your first response it did sound like your making light of what happened
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM

Repete..

Too many people, the Fallen are nothing more than numbers in a statics. So they make light of their deaths... They forget they are people who are loved, that touched lives and made a difference. They a have names!

Gunnery Sgt. Edwin W. Johnson Jr., 31, of Columbus, Ga.

1st Lt. Michael E. Johnson, 25, of Virginia Beach, Va.

Staff Sgt. Aaron M. Kenefick, 30, of Roswell, Ga.

James R. Layton, 22, of Riverbank, Calif
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
We ALL returned. However, about a month before I arrived on station, we lost an entire crew of 16 men plus pilots to this kind of action. Every day I took off, I felt that I was being "watched" and you better believe that Markham weapons control signal was our top priority! BTW.... I had 3 such incidents IIRC during my tour there.

Now, probably not the same as YOUR pedigree. But, I'll stack it up against the wusses sitting behind a desk any day.
I stand corrected. Being in the air isn't the same as being on the ground, but that doesn't mean it's any less dangerous up there. You might have had a few ocassions when you could reach back in your pants and find enough to throw out.. And blind the pilot behind you. Now, if you'll allow me to, I"ll retract that and won't bring it up again.

Quote:
My point, once again, is that Obama is listening to the SAME military commanders, Defense Secretary, and CIA analysts that were in there under Dubya.

I'm tired of hearing that EVERY military snafu is HIS fault! I didn't place any blame on our troops.... but, if you'd LIKE me to discuss the failures of those on site to recognize obvious signs of an ambush.... I'll be happy to oblige!

And if you want to talk about why the air support wasn't there, we'll do that right after you explain why Dubya never supplied our troops with body armor!

Oh yeah..... and just HOW much experience did DUBYA have in the military? Or CHENEY, for that matter? I don't think you want to GO THERE!
It isn't just the armed forces. He's also got the same caliber of economic advisors as the previous administration. Oh, they're trying a different tactic, but they still don't see the cause. So, like the previous (Dubya), he's pulling at he leaves too.