User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I need a ride back east!!!!

Hey guys/gals,

I came out west (Reno, NV) thinking I had a job lined up but that suddenly fell through. I'm wondering if there are any o/o's or ic's out there that is willing to give me a lift. I'm willing to drive as a team to get you east if needed. I'm a Class A driver, licensed in Virginia. Good record, clean background. I pulled a car hauler for 2 years and a flatbed for about 5 months (both OTR). VERY good with log book and all essentials for being on the road.

All I have is my 2 suit cases and myself. I have $$ for food and resources, just can't afford to rent a car and drive and I'd rather not fly unless its a 100% must.

If your interested in speaking, I'm open for times/dates. Not really in a rush but I can work with what you got. Give me a call or email me plz. 540-423-4264 or [email protected]

Thanks for reading,

Chop
Old 08-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You might try hanging out at the Alamo (Petro) or TA. Someone might be able to give you a lift. It is getting more difficult for some to do that since most carriers prohibit having unapproved passengers in the truck. Good luck.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Rookie

Gman,

Yeah, I had thought about that, but the chances are slim to none. I didn't figure anyone would pick up a 6'0, 360lbs tattoo'd guy with suit cases hanging outside the stop. LOL. Hell.....when I parked my old flatbed in MD and tried to get home to Nova, nobody would help me out..........all the bums and bad people out there have ruined it for the good/nice/decent people out there.

I just thought I would post something on here. Maybe an O/O will see it and be willing to help me out, so I mentioned the fact of that I'm a driver too........I thought that wouuld liten the blow a little, ya know.

I would just hate to sit up there with all my bags packed for days on end, or have my brother shuttle me back and forth, LOL.

Good looking out though

Chop

PS- Do you know of any larger company that would put me to work w/o having to be with a trainer? I have 2 years of OTR but in auto transport and flatbed, most of the companies I've talked to won't hire me righ tnow because of the way things are. I have the road time, just not specificly pully a freight box............and ideas or suggestions?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There used to be a car hauler carrier near the Petro in Sparks. I believe the name was High Sierra. I don't recall any rail heads near your present location. There are several who run through Reno on a regular basis. I would check those who travel through and give them a call. You may want to do a search on the internet and see what pops up. It has been a while since I have hauled cars and things have changed considerably in the last 10-12 years. You could check Cassens, Jack Cooper, Champion, FleetCar, Allied Systems, Waggoneers, Dependable, Reliable, Mabro are a few that come to mind. There is a car hauler company who hauls mostly out of southern California. I don't remember the name but they used to have powder blue rigs. Those are the only ones that I can think of right now. There are also a number of regional carriers who may be able to use a good driver. If you can find someone who subscribes to Central Dispatch you may find a job listed.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Rookie

Gman,

I have access to Central. Where might I find a job posting on that place? I've seen the new classifieds for rigs/trailers, but never a job area, or posting.

Thanks for the help w/ company names.

CHop
Old 08-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't know if your interested in finding a driving job right in that area...but if you are....check out Reeve Trucking. I talked with a couple of their drivers up in OR last week, and both said that Reeve was hiring.

Reeve Trucking Company, Inc. Employment

Another you might check out would be CommScope. They run 14 or 15 trucks out of Reno.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Rookie

Hey thanks for the link Orange. I checked them out and they seem to be more of a heavy haul. I'll try calling, but I don't have any experience with heavy hauling.

Do you know a # or a website for the other company? I googled them and couldnt find anything.

Thanks,

Chop
Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherwhitemeat09 View Post
Gman,

I have access to Central. Where might I find a job posting on that place? I've seen the new classifieds for rigs/trailers, but never a job area, or posting.

Thanks for the help w/ company names.

CHop

I haven't looked at Central Dispatch in a while. I did talk with a friend of mine who just stopped hauling cars and he doesn't recall anything but a for sale classified section. I could have sworn that they had a help wanted section. You may look around on the website to see if anything is there. I may have been mistaken about the driver ads. I do know that Truckpaper.com has a classified section for drivers and companies seeking drivers and I think you can place one free ad.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Rookie

Gman,

Yup Yup, TP and CAD are really the only truck sources I use. I think they are prolly the most visited, so I started here and TP.

Thanks for the help.

Chop

ps- CD does (not) have a help wanted or drivers section. I just checked it out. They've mad LOTS of inprovments to the site, but nothing yet for jobs.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherwhitemeat09 View Post
Hey thanks for the link Orange. I checked them out and they seem to be more of a heavy haul. I'll try calling, but I don't have any experience with heavy hauling.

Do you know a # or a website for the other company? I googled them and couldnt find anything.

Thanks,

Chop

With Reeve, you start out as a regular "flatbedder", then after proving yourself, begin the proccess of learning heavyhaul. They are a fairly old company, and understand that training drivers to do it "Our way" is easier than hiring an experienced driver.........that already knows another way.

With CommScope, your best bet would be to go by the terminal there in Sparks, and talk with them. Private fleets like they operate, do not take questions on employment or job availability by phone. CommScope is not a OTR company persay.........those trucks work for the parent company, hauling company poducts or raw material.

Comm Scope Incorporated

(775) 351-1717
1285 Southern Way, Sparks, NV 89431

Last edited by Orangetxguy; 08-17-2009 at 03:42 PM.